what i've been...

Friday, 17 March 2017



new lifestyle post series coming through, probably going to be posted weekly. enjoyyy

what i've been doing-
honestly, just school. I've been drowning in english coursework preparations (who knew an essay plan had to be so thorough) and spanish speaking sessions but it's all good. I had a school meeting and it definitely provided that ever so needed wakeup call. I'm doing well and I'm somewhat ahead of all my classes but there's more effort to be put in. My form tutor stressed that I need to stop relying on "natural intelligence" and put more work in, in order to really excel. And he had a point. All my essays for english, history and spanish are written the night, if not break/lunch, before they're due in which obviously means that they're rushed and not the best they can be- yet I manage to not do horribly. BUT what if I actually took time to plan all my essays (idealistically a week before) at least two nights before? if I just take time whilst doing these things then maybe the full marks can be on the cards. but who knows. I also really need to get on top of my bio notes.

My attempt at being vegetarian was a feeble one- not because of my lack of self control but because I will simply starve and die if I adopted the diet full-time whilst still living with my parents. Although my mum was fine with my exploration into such a diet, it was really inconvenient for her to get back from work and then cook not only one, but two meals. I could cook for myself but the last time I did that I, quite literally, passed out yaayyy me. I may not be a full on veggie but I'm still making conscious decisions when it comes to my meals and I try to avoid meat as much as I can, besides I never really have the will to eat it anyway.

Contemplating on whether I should start a youtube channel. Not a beauty and fashion one but more of a study/school related one where I make videos tutoring certain GCSE topics, sit down videos on study tips and little check point videos to look back on. who knows.

what i've been reading/watching-
I've been reading the Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo. It's a really light read which is why I've been enjoying just reading it on the bus journey to school and whenever I have free time, it's a refreshing break from Atonement and A Room with a view (the books I'm writing about for my coursework) which I've been having to analyse almost every page of to the point where I feel ready to let death envelope me (right, that was very hyperbolised) On the note of english coursework, the fact that I've started -and finished- watching the first season of Riverdale is slightly alarming considering the fact I still haven't found a single alternate reading for my essay. It's such an addictive show though and although Archie is meant to be the star of the show, I just can't take my eyes off Jughead. I just feel like I can relate to him on a whole new level. how sad does that sound.

what i've been listening to-
every. set. of. earphones. has. broken/disappeared. in. my. household. therefore, the music listening has been little to nothing lately which sucks because there's so much new music being flung around everywhere #GSAP.

what i want-
I really want to buy a disposable camera or perhaps get someone to ship over my dads old canon film camera. regardless of what camera I use, I just want to experiment and actually get photos developed and ultimately have a physical copy of them. I miss that feeling of going to the photo shop and waiting as the photos get developed in the mysterious dark room that's closed off with the outdated, faded 80's "do not walk past this point" plaque. A drawing tablet would also be interesting. Even though I lack artistic ability, I think it would be fun to start doing handwritten posts and annotating photos in my posts too and allow me to be more creative with content. I need a tripod too.

what i've been anticipating-
ahskdajdhf. definitely not my mock exams in mid-June. but definitely my UNIQ summer school at Oxford for a History course that I'm absolutely buzzing to study. and slightly but not really my DofE Gold practice expedition straight after, in which I'll have to eat copious amounts of dried foods whilst trying to avoid lyme disease from ticks. oh and the walking for hours on end only to end up sleeping on the cold, hard ground. fun times. buuut another fun thing is my trip to morocco in late July where I'll be learning how to surf, climbing the Atlas mountains and riding a camel through the sahara desert all whilst (hopefully) getting a tan because I'm honestly so pale right now and it's extremely distressing for a naturally light brown person to be turning a ghastly yellow.

oh, also my whiteboard and the four whiteboard pens that were so smartly shown on the side (damn you strategic marketing)...I've been needing that to arrive for some time now. Amazon, fix up.

I'm going to 'tag' a few bloggers to do this "what i've been..." post as i think it would be interesting to read about what others have been doing (lol i didn't realise how creepy that would sound) but anyway I'll tweet the bloggers so yaaah.

-Dalal

follow my blog on bloglovin:   Follow

6 comments :

  1. lovee this. Cant actually cope with the amount of work I have atm, school is so stressful.. I know what you mean about getting a disposable/film camera, I really love having hard copies and how candid the photos always are! x
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanksss. The workload I have right now is a joke omg. Yess, I can't wait to actually do it.

      Delete
  2. Loved this post so much, A-Levels are ridiculously stressful/time consuming but just think of the end goal!! You're summer trips sound amaze, esp Morocco! And you've now inspired me to buy a white board (not sure what I'll use it for as all my subjects are essays...)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)) They definitely are, I have so many deadlines, essays and mocks coming up argh- can't it just be summer already? I have three essay subjects so I'm planning on using the subject to write essay plans and also grammar tables and vocab for Spanish- then for Biology I'll write out my notes on there and draw various flowcharts/mindmaps etc...can you tell I'm excited for this whiteboard to come. Deffo get one!

      Delete
  3. I've just picked my A-level options - Biology, Chemistry and Maths. gcse's are already stressful enough for me!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear God good luck with those A-level options babe, I have a sixth form advice post up on my blog if that can provide some comforting and help? Good luck with your GCSEs, they'll be done so quickly and then you'll have a looong summer to relax. By the time September rolls around you won't even remember the exams nor the revision you did for them!

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points