landan town

Tuesday, 21 March 2017

twas one of those Sundays where I just couldn't stand staying indoors any longer. soo, my sister and I took the bus to Shoreditch and walked to Boxpark to look around- but the main objective was ice cream (which I shall talk about later) Whilst we were there I just thought I’d capture what London is really like, the whole free travel for under 18s culture, the shiny multi-storey buildings opposite an exposed brick, run down and graffiti covered wall. The usual. I’m really into debunking the whole romanticisation of London and the typical view of parliament square, the London eye etc. There’s so much more to the city than that and if you tour it in a way where you're forced to take up the diversity and overall individuality of the city, I’m sure you'll enjoy your trip much more. Therefore, I shall be doing a photo series showing the parts of London you don't see (hurray) Oh the council estate kid is really shining through isn't it. 

The majority of the photos above look fairly gloomy, so to brighten this up a bit here's a chocolate 'freakshake' my sister and I shared (from Soft Serve Society in Boxpark) It tasted sooo good like honestly AMAZING: a chocolate milkshake, whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, a white and dark chocolate chip brownie, a gooey milk chocolate chip cookie, more whipped cream, sweet and salted popcorn, more sprinkles and chocolate sauce. That was a mouthful, literally. It usually comes with a marshmallow but it had pork gelatine so I couldn't get it which was so sad because it was massive. The little shop itself was so cute and made the experience 10x better. Even on a dull and grey day, it was still packed. I would deffo recommend 10/10. GO GET ONE IF YOU'RE IN LONDON!!!!!!
-Dalal
follow my blog on bloglovin:   Follow

14 comments :

  1. You take beautiful pictures and that milkshake looks so yummy! I attempted to make my own freakshake for my boyfriend once and its actually not that easy to balance everything on a glass haha!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    http://rosewaterreflections.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ahh I can imagine, they're so tall

      Delete
  2. I laaaaaav landaaan <3 Shoreditch is my favourite place in London ever. It's like all that's missing from West London in one place!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same girl same, I haven't really explored East London much but I'm loving it already

      Delete
  3. Such lovely photos - London is one of my favourite places, and I'm grateful I live so close to it!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) it's one of mine too!

      Delete
  4. OMG THAT ICECREAM!! love how youve captured London x

    http://lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR- i die. Thank you, I'm going to try and make this into a series!

      Delete
  5. Love your photos! and that ice cream looks delicious! x

    astoldbykirsty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photography, love have you have captured London! I definitely need to visit the Soft Serve Society the next time I come to see you!

    Fran | franciscarockey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. danke, I can't wait until you come again!!!!!

      Delete
  7. I read this post when it came but couldnt be bothered to comment, it actually bare weird tho. I had already received my film pictures and put them as a draft, as just left that post. then I see this post. weirdddddddd

    ReplyDelete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points