blogging woes

Friday, 31 March 2017

I really feel like I've neglected my blog lately, even though I have been posting regularly it's just not enough. I remember my 'a realisation' post marking a huge pivotal step in my blog and looking back on my most recent posts, it has definitely been put into place yet I still think there is more to be done. Much more. Blogging is a hobby but I want to make it more. That doesn't necessarily mean I intend for my blog to become into a full blown money-laundering business but perhaps just develop into something that will make it a little more worthwhile. Maybe this is just me being impatient but it's like my blog has been stationary right now and I just want it to finally start moving along and developing. I've come a long way but I push for more. Perhaps so I can achieve the generic blogger dream of being whisked away to a Caribbean island for a blog campaign, or more likely just for my own personal sense of self-achievement. I've dedicated myself to my blog since 2015 and I just don't want it to end up being a big waste of time. Admittedly, I hold the majority of control over how my blog flourishes and grows and I definitely was negligent of that fact in the first few years of starting, simply hoping that people would just find and share my blog posts for me and there we go, quick fast-track ticket to blogging success. But alas, that is a deluded view of the world and I should have realised that nothing comes easy and we should not rely on others to achieve what we want for ourselves. I cannot help but just wonder where my blog would be today if I had just paid more attention to it and interacted through it more. To cut myself some slack, I must say that as a naive 13 year old I wasn't that aware of the sheer power of social media and how much of a difference it would make to my blog and it's engagement if I had just shared my posts. Blogging was definitely picking up speed back then but centralised blog promoting through various social media channels was not common. (nope, still feel bad) Regardless of past actions, there is nothing I can do to change them other than try and not make the same mistakes. I started sharing posts frequently but it's still not enough and my laziness just screams 'ho don't do it' but again, nothing comes easy and if I really want to be proud of this platform then I guess I've got to work for it- even though scheduling tweets is the most tedious thing ever. I have to say, posting once/twice is not enough either and I want to post more frequently and actually schedule them before rather than quickly scouring my photo gallery for a universal photo that can fit into any blog post context and then speed-typing something that vaguely resembles a plausible blog post on the day. I'm going to take my blog seriously from now on and not as something I just have to keep up for times sake. Thankfully I have a 3 week break from the hectic sixth form life therefore blog posts can be well planned, scheduled and posted maybe 3 times a week- or more if I'm really on top of my game.
This post is such a weird one, written in a sudden flurry of frustration- nevertheless, I hope you understand and maybe I'm not the only one.

-Dalal

follow my blog on bloglovin:   Follow

6 comments :

  1. I relate to this post so much!! When I started blogging I must admit I did think I would be the next zoella not realising how naïve that was :)))) seriously though, I need to step my blogging game up because I'm writing posts the day before they go up and GCSEs are in 7 weeks, I don't have time to be doing that (but I also don't want blogging to be a waste of time and I acc want to make something good out of it). Lovely post x

    Eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeaaa it's like we set ourselves such high goals but don't really do enough to achieve them. I guess being realistic with yourself is the best way to progress. I hate something being a waste of time and not going towards something worthwhile- it's all about balance. thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. ^ agree with the above, I still get ‘annoyed’ about how my blog has not progressed at all. but then I think, why would it, I literally write a post in 20 minutes and I’ve been in this ‘mood’ for so long where I have no motivation to blog. idk I feel like there’s no point ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i getchu. Everything takes time and it's a huge test of patience usually.

      Delete
  3. this is very relatable!! I would love love love to be as successful as some of the big bloggers out there but it will take time. I feel like I dont have enough time to make my blog good with sixth form 24/7 urgh

    But dont worry, I think your blog will go far for sure :))

    Tasha x
    http://lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating not seeing your blog go anywhere, especially considering the amount of work we put into it. Yeaaa a-levels and blogging is a myth

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points