skin stuff

Friday, 3 February 2017

argan oil aveeno neutrogena gelee cleanser lush mask of magnaminty
"I hate beauty posts." she mutters as she proceeds to write about her favourite skincare products. Can I get anymore hypocritical?


Alas, I am here to share some products that have benefitted my skin greatly, these are probably the best skin care products in the UK (ok maybe I'm overreacting). Combination skin is common, hence my skin type. I find that the majority of my skin is super dry but there's one part of my face that has so many 'thin' spots which is just above my left eyebrow and that region of my forehead. No joke. The right side of my forehead is completely clear whilst the other is uh definitely not. Enough about my skin woes, I know others have it worse and that I'm just overreacting soo.


I've been trying to take a more natural and minimal chemicals approach to my skincare products. I don't use an abundance of serums, creams and gels due to the simple fact that I'm lazy and the majority of my skincare 'routine' is adapted around that. I would have photographed my moroccan black soap but it wasn't photogenic enough to make the cut so be thankful I just saved you from looking at a black, slightly viscous lump. you're welcome...

I was given the Neutrogena HydraBoost gelee milk cleanser. It's influenced by Korean skincare and also reminds me of the glossier milk jelly cleanser which I've been wanting to try out for eveerrrr but unfortunately they don't ship to the UK *criiii* It's so gentle on the skin and contains hydrolaunic acid (bio fact: this is a mainly found in connective tissues in the body, it secures moisture and is also used to renew the skin- a super-molecule) so whilst it cleansers, it also brightens :)

next is ARGAN Oil (that autocorrected to 'organ' oil...that would been weird) which kinda looks like bottled piss but ah well. Use it on your face, hair and skin it's the plug. I use two pumps, slather it on my face overnight and then wake up to soft and glowy skin. fantastic.

I've been using mask of magnaminty for so long and just as I was running out, my friend bought it for me during secret santa...I will never find myself without this mask. Completely natural with minimal chemicals it really works to calm down breakouts and smoothen the skin whilst smelling like a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream #winning.

raise your hand if you only cream the parts of your body that actually show. I only hydrate my ankles, elbows and whatever section of my skin that's exposed through my ripped jeans, shocking indeed. I've been using the aveeno nourishing lotion that I was also gifted during an event and it has been working fine, not amazing but not entirely shit either. It's incredibly gentle and the scent (or lack thereof) makes it ideal for those who are suffering with sensitive skin. The main component of this is shea butter which is one of those must-have raw products, it's great for curly hair and for the skin of course.


writing this post has made me realise why I don't like writing about beauty, I feel like this sounds really forced but I desperately wanted to share these products because they could save a life ;) 
-Dalal ⚡

follow my blog on bloglovin:   Follow

18 comments :

  1. The mask of magnaminty is literally one of the best face masks, that reminds me I need to pick it up again!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also try to use natural products, I like to think it's healthier for me.
    I really like Aveeno cream (although you seem unsure). I like the calming one more, it's got a purple label and smells like lavender, if that's you thing maybe you could try that next

    Iona
    asweetdestination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, our skin isn't accustomed to chemicals so why should we smother it with them. I've been using the aveeno cream much more recently and it's growing on me!

      Delete
  3. organ oil is actually my life, i use it in my hair too and it makes it so so so soft!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely want to look into that Lush face mask and I might get some Argan oil to try as well although the sight of it kinda puts me off!!
    Kate Xx
    http://luxekate.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a try and it's one of the more affordable face masks at lush. If you do get argan oil then make sure it's pure argan oil and isn't watered down/diluted.

      Delete
  5. I love mask of magnaminty! it was the first face mask I tried from Lush! Unfortunately I seem to be allergic to neutrogena products :( x

    www.astoldbykirsty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite face mask, it's the only mask I've tried from lush! Ah that's such a shame :(

      Delete
  6. I've wanted to try this mask for ages!! Great post lovely.

    Terri x
    www.territalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth giving it a go.

      Delete
  7. I've been wanting to try this mask for ages! Everyone is raving about it. Great post!
    Robyn // http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mask of Magnaminty = my skincare saviour, it's got well deserved hype around it!

      Delete
  8. I use argon oil on the ends of my hair and it really smoothes down any stray hairs. I also I love Mask of Magnaminty for dealing with break outs.
    Great post!

    Sharon

    rosieloveslife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great at taming flyaways! Yess, I usually use the mask when my skin is acting up (basically all the time lol)

      Delete
  9. ooh this is so helpful, I'm trying to make my skincare stuff all cruelty free and natural atm. Lovee the sound of the Lush mask! Sounds amazin x
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankss, so am I. You neeeed to get a sample of the mask and try it out for yourself...you won't regret it (lush sponsor me pls)

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points