ootd | easy does it

Sunday, 19 February 2017


Who said fashion had to be hard when it's as easy as 1, 2, 3?

Exactly what I'm wearing, three items of clothing (well the ones that you can see ha) which form a substantial outfit that I think I'll definitely be repeating for the next few months. I'm all for basic clothing in basic colours simply because of the endless possibilities there are when it comes to outfit combinations, plus it just makes everything so much easier: black jeans, grey jumper and black platform loafers or even a simple pair of trainers can be formed with just a few minutes of thought. This is a good time to mention that everything I'm wearing is from zara, some old, some new. Onto the outfit.

This grey sweater has my heart, it's so soft and fluffy and the black stitching detail on each side is always nice to break up the grey-ness. The shape isn't the most flattering, I must admit, but aren't boxy cuts and bell sleeves 'in' anyway? Pulling this over on a cold morning makes Monday just a little bit more bearable- oh how I love clothes that double up as duvets.

Another item that shares my heart with the fluffy jumper are these black ripped jeans which I've worn so much, the rips has started to rip in the wrong places...that doesn't stop me from wearing them and I'll probably stitch them back up soon. They're a staple piece for me and are worn almost daily until my mum screams at me for having so many jeans yet only wearing this pair. Then I have to alternate buuut you get the gist.

You thought I'd be wearing my vans old skool's with this outfit didn't you? Well you thought wrong, I'm boujee now. I bought these leather platform loafers from zara and they were a bargain, £15.99. At first I was slightly hesitant about how much wear I would actually get out of them but now I can't imagine certain outfits with out them #truelove. Only problem is that when I wear them I'm approximately 6" however I can't really blame the shoes for my lankiness can I.

What are your favourite items of clothing and why? What do you think about when you get dressed in the morning?
-Dalal

*note to self: put down your phone when taking outfit photos* 

                                                     follow my blog on bloglovin:   Follow

42 comments :

  1. THE SLEEVES, THE SHOES...everything about this outfit is just 😍

    Alice x
    Girlabroad.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this outfit it's so simple yet cute totally something I would go for
    xx
    Terica
    www.citihippie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are well swanky, and I really really love the stitching detail on the jumper. When I get dressed in the morning I think 'is it acceptable to wear leggings with bright yellow socks socks and metallic hot pink loafers?'

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaaaa ikr, they're a new fave. and it's definitely acceptable, go rock that outfit lad.

      Delete
  4. I love this outfit, it's so comfy yet so stylish. Your shoes are to die for!!

    www.harrietday.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit- so simple yet beautiful and that jumper 😍😍😍
    Robyn // http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with every part of this entire outfit, but that makes sense because I have a crazy Zara obsession πŸ˜‚

    www.theauburnagenda.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu, Zara is my favourite store too- the majority of my wardrobe is from there.

      Delete
  7. Those loafers are stunning! I've been looking for something like those for a while, thanks!

    Terri x
    www.territalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, such a classic shoe. Enjoy

      Delete
  8. Such a nice comfy and casual looking outfit! You look fab! I especially love the ripped jeans, they add a really nice contrasting texture to the fluffy jumper! My go-to outfit at the minute has consisted of some gold-flecked black jeans that sparkle in the light, I feel like a vampire, only cooler!

    Abbey 😘 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed it is! Thank youu for reading, gold-flecked black jeans seem v interesting ha

      Delete
  9. Giiiirl you are rocking this outfit! That jumper looks right up my street, super cosy and comfortable!

    Ashley
    https://ashlexyz.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh thank youuu, you're so nice! it's such a warm and fluffy sweater, a must-have.

      Delete
  10. Sometimes simple is best!x

    https://theethicalevolution.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look on you!! You look amazing. You're really killing those shoes gal😍
    Tilly
    lifeastillyrose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. This jumper is gorgeous������!! You look great ✨❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an outfit I would totally wear!! And I love the pictures, so grungy!! (I don't know whether this is the look you were going for, ignore me if not haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so wearable and simple to pull off. I wasn't really going for the grunge look hah but I'll take it ;)

      Delete
  14. That jumper looks like the warmest, cosiest thing. And the SHOES I love them! I think I'll definitely be needing a trip to Zara..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly is, and yaaaaasss the shoes. Zara is the one.

      Delete
  15. Perfect outfit! Love all of it! The jumper looks so cosy and the shoes are so classy :D

    Kirsty
    www.corinneandkirsty.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg I LOVVEEE this outfit!! The shoes and the jumper I love, you look great! x

    http://lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your outfit especially the sweater, to me sweater is such a statement piece and it looks really cozy.

    Samara // themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the oversized-ness and disproportionality of the sleeves, it does make a statement. thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  18. loveee this!! The shoes are killer x
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the outfit,the loafers go so well with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm in love with the loafers right now!

      Delete
  20. You look very stilish! I want to stole your outfit!

    http://cccsfashion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, you can easily recreate it with a pair of black skinny jeans, a neutral oversized sweater and some heeled/platformed boots or shoes ;)

      Delete
  21. I love the outfit! I would totally wear it. Lately, I have been very obsessed with turtlenecks (especially gray ones), and boots I got from thrift store :)

    www.thisfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I own around 6 turtlenecks, no joke- thrifted boots seems unique.

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points