makeup "organisation"

Friday, 10 February 2017

Lo and behold, here's a post explaining how I store stuff I barely ever use. how fun!

My makeup "collection" is not extravagant at all, in fact it's pretty basic and the majority of the stuff photographed barely ever gets any use (except from last week saturday when I had 15 minutes to get ready for a wedding, cried it all off due of stress, kept screaming that my lipstick didn't match my dress and my crease colour wasn't blended enough and had to do my winged eyeliner in the uber whilst random pakistani music was blaring)


I have the basic muji acrylic drawer set as you've probably seen plastered all over blogs and youtube because their just that popular. Unlike mine though, the one's you've seen are more probably to have clean makeup products and very prettily packaged products too. Both of which I don't have (I had to use a wipe to clean everything before these photos)
In the first shelf is the stuff I use a lot* I genuinely can't be bothered to write about each product and how I use them but I'll attempt to do so. I have the Benefit Brow Zings in shade 4, it consists of a brow powder, brow gel and this fun fold out angled and circular (?) brush which I managed to snap because long fingers are oh so inconvenient. The thing was literally 5cm. Whenever I use this it's usually in a hurried state because I only ever fill in my eyebrows if I'm going somewhere 'nice' I own way more concealers than I should (only three why am I so extra) so I'll get them out of the way because they're fab products that help me hide the 10p 'bags for life' that are currently residing on my face ;( Maybelline Age Rewind is a love hate products because although it has a cool fluffy applicator and actually does brighten my under eyes, the shade choice is incredibly limited- you have a grand total of two choices: light and medium. I also have a small potted concealer from Kiko which is really convenient and heavy duty, I prefer using this for spots and blemishes. I don't even use this highlight that much any more but The Balm Mary Lou Manizer is still a favourite (although I prefer the seventeen liquid one more) I've had it for more than a year and there's no sign of wear, a little goes a very long way. You may not be able to see it but I have the MINA liquid liner pen which is the only eyeliner I can actually use, it's ergonomically designed and relatively easy to use. Too faced Better Than Sex mascara has earned it's place on the highly esteemed top shelf, it's my go-to mascara as it's just so good. I love it. The rest of things on this shelf consist of lip products that I tend to use, of course a pot of carmex is in there. I have Mac 'Spirit' which I originally bought for my mum and then stole of her because it suits me better 🤑 Barry M is a brand I only go for nail varnishes but at the johnson and johnson awards night they had this lipstick in the shade 'Berrylicious' from their new satin lip paint range. This is my new favourite lip colour and if I wore lipstick daily, it would be this. I got so many compliments when I wore it to sixth form once so i guess it's a popular one innit.
This is kinda like the rejects shelf (with the exception of the nars concealer, makeup rev highlight and seventeen skin wow) I get sent a lot of Seventeen products -thanks guys!!!- but most of the time they get my shade wrong which sucks because the products would be fab. The define and conquer contour kit is way too light so I never use it and the skin wow highlighting concealer is *you guessed it* too light as well. On the other hand, the eye eye highlighting crayon is one that I actually do use when I've got eyeshadow on, it's such a pretty and simple inner corner highlight and doesn't look like you slapped baby powder on your inner corner in attempt to look "awake" and "bright eyed". Remember when the maybelline colour tattoos were the 'it' product? I have the shade 'on and on bronze' and although I barely use it, it's still a pretty reliable addition to my collection. Do you also remember when BB creams were blowing up and everyone and their mum had a tube? My mum bought the Garnier cream for us to share, it's a really nice and light base but as I don't wear lots of base makeup in general I hardly wear it. I bought the Nars creamy concealer at duty free, it's really thick and creamy (hence the name) which is why I don't tend to use it that much unless I'm going to an event- other than that it's really effective at hiding and brightening your face. Natural collection sent me this tinted lip balm back in the summer and I was pleasantly surprised, I thought it would be really sticky but it's really moisturising and does give the glossy lip look which is why I prefer using it in the warmer months. Onto my favourite products of the shelf (which unfortunately don't fit into the top one) the Makeup Revolution highlighter in 'Golden Lights' and the Seventeen skin wow liquid highlight, I usually just use the seventeen one as it doesn't require a brush and I can blend it out with my fingers only but when I feel like intensifying it I set it with the Makeup Revolution one. As cakey as it may sound, it isn't and actually gives a really natural but perhaps not so subtle glow.

THIS POST WAS SO LONG I'M SO SORRY i never expected it.

How do you organise your makeup?
-Dalal

*"a lot" means two or three times a month lol

follow my blog on bloglovin:   Follow

18 comments :

  1. my organisation is literally throwing it all in one makeup bag. i use like 6 products ahhahaha

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate- my mum more or less forced me to buy this set of drawers because she was sick of seeing my mascara's on the floor etc.

      Delete
  2. Your makeup collection looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this, I have quite a similar make up collection actually! I have that contour kit, but I just cant get the hang of contouring:/ x

    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankss, less is more ;) contouring is something I'll never know how to do...I've accepted it.

      Delete
  4. It's nice to see your collection, you have the essential basics ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer having a small amount of products that I actually use as opposed to lots that barely get any wear!

      Delete
  5. Your collection is so neat, mine is all over the place in boxes and make up bags. You've just reminded me to dig out On and On Bronze again! x

    Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no no noooo, trust me I organised this before I took the photos...it's a mess most of the time. On and on bronze is such a good shade, it's a shame the hype has slightly died down

      Delete
  6. really love this blog post :)

    www.londonstylegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish my makeup was this organised... mine is like literally scattered across a desk, the most often used at the front and the lipstick i literally haven't opened hiding in the back...

    mia // https://okaaythen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is on a good day, I had to sort it out before taking the photos...most of the time it's a tip. ha relatable

      Delete
  8. My makeup and organisation is very minimal too (an old rainbow loom bands box lol), your collections is so neat and tidy!

    Check out my recent?

    Alice x
    girlabroad.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate cluttered things hence why my collection is so bare hah.

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points