time is just a concept

Tuesday, 24 January 2017

 
*below is a collection of my weird evening thoughts that I've decided to compile for you entertainment*

okay so I've actually reached my mid-2017 goal of 250 bloglovin followers which is shocking yet intriguing as whenever bloglovin sends me an email saying 'monochrome daisies has a new follower!', my mind tends to drift of into thoughts regarding what actually motivated each person to press follow. It's all weird to think about- someone would have stumbled on your blog, skim read a post and thought "Does this person have the bloglovin button thing? yes? great, I might as well follow them." and then in a few seconds an email comes through with the notification and you're just reading it and then all the thoughts I mentioned above simultaneously pop up in your mind. no? Just think about it..what really gets someone to hit follow, I can imagine that they must really like your blog to commit to something as big as following someone. Alright, the word 'following' doesn't sound like it has much significance anymore because of it's exploitation by social media but let me define that real quick skkrrrrt skrr:
noun
  1. 1
    a body of supporters or admirers.

oh dear, now that sounds very narcissistic doesn't it..."admirers" What is there to admire about me/my blog? Unless you aspire to reach the level of which my life is disintegrating then that's definitely understandable. WHy am I so self-deprecating, I sometimes feel like such an ungrateful little prick for complaining about the little things like how Galaxy never putting enough salt in their salted caramel chocolate but I have a point, it's salted caramel for a reason- I need high levels of NaCl otherwise it isn't really salted caramel chocolate but more like plain caramel with a few covalently bonded ions and that just tastes like despair, deception and disappointment.
//

Well Instagram has started offering their live video features for us peasants too which is fantastic because yay desegregation! I think I've live streamed once and then got tired of watching my face and speaking to my one watcher (who I forced to watch) I think I'm an interesting person and live streaming can actually help me connect to whoever wants to watch so I'll probably have to give it a second shot sometime soon. It'll most likely consist of me saying I look like a pile of dust, throwing out gang signs (jk) and talking aimlessly at the camera whilst being very conscious of the "cool" people who might be watching. Have I sold my soul myself to you yet? Come on, just imagine my 4am epiphany post but in action, it'll just be me talking about life things. It will be fun ;) Damn I should become a salesperson I would sell hella shit. You obviously don't have to watch if you don't want to, I'll try and live stream everyday after school but we all know I fear commitment so we'll see how that goes ;)
//

I thought I'd let you know that I'm transitioning to vegetarianism, it's gone much smoother than I expected especially coming from an Asian/African family where meat is such a fundamental component of every meal. The first few weeks were mainly filled with a lot of meat substitutes like Quorn but now I've started to branch out into some 'proper' vegetarian meals, in factttt I made a burrito bowl last night and it was surprisingly good although I did have a horror story. Basically I passed out whilst trying to open a tin of Mexican spiced beans. yeaaaah, that happened. I used the tin opener and then managed to cut my finger really deeply with the tin lid, lost so much blood and fainted. Worst thing is, I didn't even get to use the beans as they were fully covered in blood HOW GREAT. Luckily I had an extra tin (which my mum opened because I can no longer be trusted due to my lack of culinary expertise) and despite the uh medical issues that i faced along the way, it was sooo good!
//

Do any of my readers watch Onision on youtube? I haaatteee beauty gurus/storytime click baiters and supposedly tumblr fashion youtubers. But onion boy is my breath of fresh air in the terribly cliched world of youtube, a lot of people see him as a bit of a dick but he's just misunderstood. He has a dark sense of humour -which is the best type of humour- and he just says things like it is, no waffle, hence why I just find him so admirable...and he's pretty good looking too. I binge watched the majority of his videos on Sunday to avoid my History essay as much as I could (it worked btw) and if you read into his story and past then you'll be very hooked. He also makes some good music too, it's just a piano piece he created for a video but it's impressive- you can listen to it here if ye want.
//

Ahhh I nearly forgot to tell you that I'm going to my first 'proper' blog event this Wednesday (!!!) I was nominated something (I forgot to promote it all and get people to vote so I just told the lady to take me off the list ha wow) which is weird because I don't think my blog is worthy of that title considering all the other well-established fashion bloggers there are. It's taking place in a Hilton hotel just 10 minutes away from where I live so it's very convenient (thankfully) I still don't have anything to wear as it's cocktail dress and I'm pretty sure vans and a pair of cigarette trousers would cut it...I'm still so shook as to how I got invited to this event that's going to be full of other bloggers and youtubers and creators that have thousands more followers than I do, much better photos and 'funner' posts- it's safe to say that I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb. I'll probably feel pressured to blog about it sooo yeah.
//

I've just read over this post and I'm confused as to why it turned out to be like this as I'm pretty sure it started of as a simple thanks for 250 bloglovin but clearly diverged into something much more, uh, complex. Nevertheless I hope you liked reading through my stream of consciousness because that's always fun isn't it? Also, I never really realised how much I use rhetorical questions in my writing, it's just a way to convey sarcasm, not me trying to show off any literary abilities I may hone.

Any thoughts from ungodly hours that you want to share? Comment them down below.
-Dalal⚡

follow my blog on bloglovin:   Follow

ps- I'm sorry for this post lacking any substance to it, I have some 'better' ones coming up soon!

6 comments :

  1. Wtf I actually loved this post so much, WHY DIDNT I KNOW ABOUT YOUR NOMINATION I FEEL LIKE A PROUD MOTHER XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this post is as messy as can be but I'm glad you liked it. the nomination got me shoooook boi <3

      Delete
  2. That's so amazing that you were nominated! Your posts are so different and raw and I just love literally ever one of them, the writing is is beautiful and ah I just waiting to see what you're going to post next :)) xx

    Eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy to see my name amongst other much more popular bloggers, definitely a 'pinch me am I dreaming' moment. Thank you so much Eleanor that is genuinely so nice of you to say waaa >.< can't wait for you to see the future posts ;)

      Delete
  3. Love your culottes and this post! Hope your 2017 is amazing and good luck with the nomination and vegetarianism :)
    Feel free to take out my latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I love the culottes too ;) I hope so too haha

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points