sun-daze (lazy mornings)

Sunday, 11 December 2016

I would like to say that I wake up at 6am to hear the birds chirping and take in the crisp sunshine BUT I don't and my sister who is sat beside me whilst I write this post is whole heartedly agreeing with this. I guess I'm just not a morning person. At all. Seriously. I wake up during the week and lie down on the sofa for 20 minutes just thinking about everything *if school is worth it or not* :)

I hardly ever eat breakfast during the school days so I've kinda carried that on when it comes to the weekend which is terrible considering "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" and that my "brain'd won't function properly without it" according to my dad and of course, science. As I have more time on a saturday or sunday morning, it means I can finally make an effort with breakfast- brown toast, nutella and banana slices is one of my fave combinations. I'm yet to try avocado on toast...
After breakfast I just lay in bed with my laptop and do the usual watching of youtube videos and reading of blogposts, the fact that vlogmas and blogmas are going right now means that I can basically spend hours watching/reading. I also share a few of my own posts and post if I have to (considering it's blogmas) 

As I'm doing DofE Gold (kill me now) I have started running more frequently so I go and do that for about 2 hours. I use the Nike app to track my progress and tend to run around my area, as I live really close to the river and southbank I usually go along the thames path up until I reach the canary wharf area and then run back. It's safe to say I'm basically dead by the time I'm home. 
just thought I'd share a photo I took whilst I was running...yeah
After showering I like to take full advantage of the natural lighting and take as many blog photos as I can. Although I may have no idea what to actually write, just having them there makes my life so much easier as I can just base a post around that photo #bloggerhacks.
I get back to my laptop (what an eventful life I live) and watch either Jane the Virgin or Narcos because they're in Spanish and that is somewhat educational seeing as I do it for a-level. I also watched the 'Living on a dollar' documentary because why not. Also, 10/10 recommend that documentary. 

That's my morning routine for you, although this kinda does go past midday...oh well
Dalal

26 comments :

  1. First, can I just say I relate to what you said about just having photos there SO MUCH. This sounds like such a nice day, add in a bike ride to the pub w fam and iz good

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It saves my (blogging) life having all those photos just ready! ah yes a bike ride would be so nice

      Delete
  2. Your blog photos are completely gorgeous, I love the nice and cosy vibe they have to them! Also I liked learning about your routine!

    - Chloe
    chloetommo.co.uk
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely photos - loved reading through this post too, I'm 100% not a morning person either, although I can never skip breakfast, just always hungry haha!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! I hate mornings, I always wake up late because I want that extra sleep, so I never have enough time for breakfast.

      Delete
  4. Love the realness of your photos, not overly edited, just give a real cosy welcoming vibe.

    Terri
    www.c0yoteugly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ggreat post and amazing photos!
    Courteney xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd never heard of that documentary, but it does sound interesting! will have to give it a look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really eye opening one, definitely give it a watch.

      Delete
  7. this is such a lovely post aw. and your pictures are just amazing, so nice!

    possiblysami.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this post. It's good to hear how everyone's morning routine differs from each other. Good luck on your running goals with DofE.

    http://www.naomindoll.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- I agree, it's so interesting to see how each of us spends out mornings.

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love the first picture, reminds me of the block of flats I grew up in. I like how this post tells the story of your day, and the lovely London skyline is always a nice thing to see on a beautiful day. Consider me a new reader! x

    Lisa | www.fairlyrosy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha gotta love London council flats :) I love the London skyline and I'm so thankful I can see it from my bedroom window! Welcome to my blog ;)

      Delete
  10. Nothing better than a lazy Sunday! I love spending the day prepping blog posts, catching up on YouTube and just chilling xx
    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/2016/12/an-open-letter-to-my-anxiety.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lazy Sundays are the beessttt!!! We pretty much have a similar day :)

      Delete
  11. Your breakfast looks so good! Love a lazy Sunday, I have been trying to catch up with a tonne of blog stuff after getting back from Iceland. Lovely post xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice, and relatively simple to make. Blogmas has basically mad eye have to plan so much more- hope you enjoyed Iceland!

      Delete
  12. the pictures are so cool, you forgot to mention you go running with me. ur only friend.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks mate+ can't forget to add that in !

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a lovely morning, minus the run for me haha!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never have the willpower to actually go out into the cold and run ah but I've just got to force myself haha

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points