issa wrap

Saturday, 31 December 2016

First of all, long time no see. Not posting daily for blogmas has been so weird but relaxing and as they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder...I'm ready to up my blogging game.

Most people hated this year and can't wait to move on from it but for me, it was pretty chilled and nothing too terrible happened. My dad on the other hand still can't get over Mohammed Ali, George Michael and David Bowies passings (i don't blame him though, he practically grew up with these people) 

I'm just going to highlight some of the good things that happened this year:

1. I travelled, although it's not as much as I'd like, school tends to get in the way. I went to Spain after my exams back in June and my dad and I backpacked around the whole of Andalusia for 10 days. It was so interesting to go to such a province as it had previously had really heavy Moor and Islamic influence. I'm studying Spanish as an A-level and a key part of the course is knowledge on Spain's culture and that trip really did help to instil that in me. More recently (literally last week) I was in Paris, which I hadn't been to in 8 years! It was so nice to go back and spend time there. 

2. I finished a pretty big stage of education, I left secondary school with GCSEs (which were pretty successful) Leaving secondary school is sooo scary, you've been there for 5 years and it's basically where you grew up so moving to a whole new sixth form and starting your studies fresh is daunting. But luckily I've adapted well although A-levels are shit, it could be worse. 

3. I met my internet friend, Fran, in the summer. We're more or less best friends and it was so fun just actually seeing her in person and all. 

4. I've stopped buying a lot of clothes which is great both economically and sustainably too. Throughout 2015 I'd spend so much money on clothes I didn't really need,  I was onto every Zara sale it was all a bit mad. Since starting sixth form where I can wear what I want, I've just been going through things I already have and wear that.

5. My blog grew (kinda) I've reached nearly 40k page views on my blog and I have 239 followers on bloglovin which I hope will continue to grow throughout my blogging time. I was able to work with Esprit twice this year and just had so much more pr opportunities. I was invited to the Seventeen Blogger Network event which I enjoyed and I managed to conquer blogmas which is possibly the biggest achievement as I can barely blog twice a week let alone everyday for over 3 weeks. My blog instagram (@_monochromedaisies) has finally started to pick up some pace too, I started it in February and I neglected it for a few months. I've started to put a lot more time and effort into it lately and now I'm starting to gain an audience which is fab :)

I'm going to include some of my favourite blog posts/photos too :) 

my fave beauty photo eeevvvveeeerrrr, it's so bright and crisp and in focus i lav it. kinda lost the mascara though. here
we all know I barely ever do beauty posts but this is also one of my favourites as it just looks so authentic to me, it's featuring products I always use and they're not overly luxe brands at all. here
this is a very 'me' outfit and it shows the transitioning stage of my personal style. here
this is one of my most 'prized' posts as it's one of the firsts that you can see "me" in it properly. it shows my fully transformed style and how the way I dress has evolved so much + the photos just look cool too. here
sorta the same as the photo above, my new style. the photos are also very laid-back and sneaker head-esque here
my post about individuality and our conformity to certain behaviours and trends! here
a few more honourable mentions:

my sixth form advice post, I put a lot of time and effort into this and I'm certain it'll prove useful to a lot of young adults like myself

the post titled 'l'esthetique' basically has all my favourite photos in there. 

my summer bucket list and my summer bucket list revisited are both posts that are more 'personal' and allow me to look back on what I've done :) 

both travel posts for seville and cordoba (I didn't get around to doing them for granada and malaga because laziness :/ ) 

being cultured and aware of cultural and international affairs is key, I wrote about being pro-black here

That's the end of my last post of 2016. Just want to thank everyone who has been a reader whether you have since I started or just recently, in the words of DJ Khaled: u smart, u loyal, i appreciate u. So here's to another year of lit-ness: may your skin get clearer, your booty get bigger, your wallet get thicker and ehh I don't know what else. 

DALALALALALalalalal <3

30 comments :

  1. Happy New Year Dalal!

    Fran | franciscarockey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. hny you lovely human <3

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got my GCSE's this year... so nervous! What subjects did you choose for A-level?
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww good luck, don't worry about them too much- they'll be fine, trust me :) I'm studying History, English Literature, Spanish and Biology

      Delete
  4. Happy new year!

    | www.pxll.co.uk | x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I've also started my A Levels this year and I agree that they're really hard work! Good luck with them xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! A-levels take a lot of effort ah, but good luck to you too :)

      Delete
  6. Great blog.

    http://shizasblog.blogspot.com...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! I am on my second year of A levels and will hopefully be going onto uni in september. Lovely post!
    Hollie xx
    holliethorpe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too. Best of luck with them, I can only imagine how difficult year 13 is with A2 exams and UCAS applications- thank you :)

      Delete
  8. Dalal you had such an amazing year and I'm so proud of you I know your blog is going to grow into something truly amazing<3
    xx
    Terica
    citihippie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad I came across your blog! I agree that 2016 really wasn't thaaaat terrible. Sound like you had a great year. Happy new year!

    xx, Pia
    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope you had an amazing xmas and new year! your blog is fab and I'm excited for your 2017 posts! x

    http://lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuuu for your kind words, so sweet

      Delete
  11. Loved this post!! I also went to Andalusia in 2016 and I loved it and I definitely want to go back!
    Kate Xx
    http://www.luxekate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ahh it's such a nice area of Spain and so so sunny and warm

      Delete
  12. Loved this post and the photos are amazing πŸ’— Can't wait for the rest of your posts this year. πŸ’™ have a great 2017
    A x | www.meandmybeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this post! Sounds like you had an amazing year, and I wish you all the best for 2017!πŸ’•

    Grace x
    http://loveellenagrace.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I definitely did- likewise :)

      Delete
  14. It's so cool that you met your internet friend! I can't wait to meet mine one day x
    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it's so great to actually see them after months of talking online- deffo hope you do, it's such a nice experience!

      Delete
  15. Yay! Looks like you had some lovely accomplishments. Congrats!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points