a look | "rose tinted glasses"

Monday, 29 August 2016

I'm really sorry for the kinda grainy photos and the fact that there are a few things on the floor whilst taking these pictures.

Beside the point, I'm going to be doing a makeup tutorial post on here which is very different. This look basically revolves around the pink and rosy tones on the eye followed by a subtle liquid lipstick which pairs nicely with the hues of the eyeshadow. Bold brows, long lashes and highlighted under eyes also play a part in this look and just help to finish off the light yet feminine tone/ what I'm trying to achieve through this.

First I start by filling in my eyebrows, so I use the powder on an angled brush and then use the tinted wax to set them. This gives me a darker and bolder brow which stays put for the whole day!

For the eyeshadow (which I'm absolutely shit at might I add) I start by priming my eyelids with the primer that comes with the palette. It has a really strange consistency, it's like a really oily balm/Vaseline type thing. After priming, I use "Cool Rose" in my crease to serve as a transition shade, I make sure I blend this as much as I can and if necessary, I'll deepen it using a separate taupe shade. I then use the shade 'Toasted Almond' which is a really pigmented, metallic pink tinged bronze shade all over the lid. I just pack this on. To add to the intensity of the lid shade, I use on of the metallic cream shadows which is is a bronzey toned neutral called "Bronzed Buff". Then to line my eyes, I use a deep metallic purple/red toned eyeshadow, "Baked Chestnut" and softly line my eyes and also under my eyes. To highlight my inner corner I use the Eye Eye crayon in Ice. For mascara, I use a few coats of the waterguard mascara which just helps to redefine my lashes and lengthen them. To highlight and conceal under my eyes I apply the Maybelline age rewind in an upside down triangle shape and blend away. For my highlight, I use the Seventeen skin wow highlight on my cheekbones, nose bridge, cupids bow and brow bone- this products is really pigmented thus very prominent so a little goes a long way! Lastly, for the lips I went for a warm toned pink by Rimmel in solstice.

Overall this is a really soft look, I love incorporating pinks and rosy tones in my makeup- it's something I've never really done before but I'm v happy I experimented.

Products used:
Seventeen easy on the eyes palette 'Birthday Suit'
Benefit brow zings
Natural Collection water guard mascara
Maybelline age rewind concealer
Rimmel apocalips 'solstice'

 Would you try this look out? What are your thoughts on the palette?
Dalal

4 comments :

  1. noiiiiice mate, I've been taking inspiration from Cassie Ainsworth and wearing a super light eye look with dark and light pink and a highlighter in the centre. I've also been loving yellow on the lid and an orangey/red/pink shade in the crease :)

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks- sounds nice, I'm really getting into wearing warmer colours on my eyes now!

      Delete
  2. such a beautiful palette!! x
    http://lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points