prom '16

Monday, 27 June 2016

Prom. I'm so glad I did end up attending because oh my that would've been a massive loss. If you have me on snapchat you could probably see that Friday night was quite...extravagant. As I went to a school that was mostly made up of Afro-Carribean people and just overall diverse (the best thing ever!) the prom was a mix of all our cultures. The foooood was bomb, I think I had around four plates of jollof rice...I can't remember. Oh and the music, there was no 'pop' music (apart from the Justin Bieber that Ambra got a little too excited about) just pure bashment, dancehall and afrobeats tunes. I never knew so many of us were party animals, including myself. When Drake Controlla came on I think that was when everyone lost it, *ahem* me. The location was so beautiful too, the Hilton Canary Wharf hotel, just looking over the River Thames. I'm genuinely going to miss everyone that played a part in my secondary school life, despite all the racist jokes towards me (no I did not do the Paris Attacks) these people have all made my secondary school journey one of a kind I cannot thank them enough for that. Anyway, I shall stop going on about the prom + emotions and just let you scroll down to the photos already. For anyone wondering, my dress was from Asos by the brand Club L and my shoes were also from Asos by Daisy Street. 


10 comments :

  1. You and ambra (and all your friends tbh) looked so hot not even joking haha. Looks and sounds like such an amazing night! I can't wait for my first prom next year however at an almost all white school I'm disappointed to say it might not be quite as lit as yours was from your snapchats... That teacher though hahhaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Make the most of it (no matter how un-lit it is ha) because you'll always look back at it and reminisce.

      Delete
  2. You look so amazing omg! This makes me miss my prom x
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all look amazing!! I'm glad you had a great time, Prom is definitely something that you'll never forget. That dress is so flattering on you Dalal x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was an unforgettable night (not cringey at all)

      Delete
  4. You look so gorgeous, the dress looks amazing on you, I swear I had a similar one last year haha !! I hope you had a really lovely night.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, I just had a look at your prom post and yep, our dresses are super similar :) I enjoyed it thoroughly.

      Delete
  5. Hi ! You look amazing, i love ur dress and ur shoes ^^ U so lucky to have a prom in my country i don't have this chance !
    Kiss, Ludivine ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you. That's such a shame :(

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points