get in my closet...pls

Monday, 2 May 2016

Spring is here, as much as I wish I could celebrate this weather turnover and use it to my advantage- I can't, because exams. Exams ruin everything, even a wonderful season like Spring. So to soften the blow of the reality that I'll be stuck in an exam hall for 5 weeks, I've decided to curate a collection of clothing items that best help me think of the best of the season/clothing I want. I've always despised pastels, something about the sickly, sweet hues just steers me away, and back to my loving home of neutrals but I must say, the muted colours that are out this year are slowly but surely luring me in. Surprisingly, I managed to not include any black item of clothing in this (!!!), I tried to do the same with grey but I couldn't...grey is literally a colour I cannot leave.

This fitted biker jacket instantly grabbed my attention when I was looking through the Esprit website and I must say, it was love at first sight (the cliche is too much for me) I've been searching for a faux leather jacket for the longest time that had the quality to imitate a real leather jacket without the added cruelty. It looks buttery soft and the colour and style is so different to your regular black leather, silver hardware jacket yet they still maintain that badass look. This is such an on-trend piece and is definitely a worthwhile and durable addition to your wardrobe. Available here

The white midi skirt beside it was something I wouldn't think I'd actually wear, I've owned a midi skirt in the past and always thought I looked a bit "older" and "too modest" I remember reading an OOTD post by Sammi a few months back where she styled a white lace midi skirt with a black chunky knit sweater and that look has stuck with me for so long. As I mentioned earlier with the whole midi skirt situation looking a bit too mature, this Topshop one shows a bit more leg which adds more playfulness and I guess more youth to it. Once again, lace is such a big fabric that screams femininity! Available here

What's a style/fashion post without me including a basic tee? Monki's basic pieces are amazing, alongside Brandy Melville, I own a couple of their basic t-shirts and they're so soft and fall really nicely. It can be easily paired with the white midi skirt for a dainty, feminine look. Everyone needs their staple basic tee which you always know you can fall back on for those days where you're having one of those 'I have nothing to wear' mornings- it's okay, we've all been there. Available here 

Okay, so the pastel blue trousers may seem like a weird one but I really really like the look of these. Looser fitting bottoms are slowly replacing skinnier alternatives with cigarette trousers and culottes -finally- coming back into style and I couldn't be happier because looser trousers means less restriction! They also have an elasticated waist so not only are your legs free, you can eat as much as you can without having to unbutton, ultimate pro ;). These also have pockets which is one of the best things ever because I can never understand trousers or jeans with no pockets... I feel as if pairing these trousers with the grey basic tee and the light pink parka will complete a casual day look whereas if you wear the white shirt along with the leather jacket, you can easily take on a more business style dress with a little more lightness to it. Available here

If you have a partner then, lucky you, you can steal his white shirts and wear them as an oversized boyfriend shirt. If not, then don't fret. I've picked this crisp white shirt to imitate the "Yes, I'm wearing my boyfriends shirt to this important meeting." look, although it's not as oversized it certainly is formal and perfectly fitted. This'll be ideal for those warmer days due to the airy fabric, and as it's loose cut, you won't have to deal with any stickiness. Once again, with the leather jacket and a pair of boyfriend jeans you can't go wrong. Ever. Available here

Last is the parka of dreams, whenever I think of parka jackets I think army green and long length, usually worn in the autumn. This one definitely goes against my assumptions: a lightweight and fresh parka like this is perfect for the days when the weather is almost too good to be true- you could go out without a jacket but later on, you'll definitely regret it. The boxy shape gives it a more sports luxe edge without being too Rihanna x Puma -esque. This'll be there to fall back on if the weather does get ugly, which is highly likely when living in the UK, and if you want to extend the wear of this until autumn then go ahead, just pop a light grey hoodie beneath and there, layering pro! Available here

What spring items of clothing have you got your eye on? What do you think of the items shown in this wishlist? Let me know your thoughts!
Dalal

14 comments :

  1. I love the look of Midi skirts, but like you I always feel like they're more mature. I love the post Dalal these pieces are perfect for the spring/summer season in England, I especially like the trousers and the white shirt. You really can't go wrong with a white shirt.
    Katie x
    katiehopkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think they'd suit your body shape so well to be honest. I'm yet to buy myself a proper white shirt...I'm not a real fashion blogger ha

      Delete
  2. wow the jacket i definitely dig it ;))) seriously though i need that skirt for my growing collection of midi skirts

    Edie | The Life of Edie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are two jackets, which ones do you dig...I'm curious. I need it too but I'm broke

      Delete
  3. I wanna but the jacket, I love the color!

    DadieB. ~
    dadiebradshaw.altervista.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leather one or the parka? Nevertheless they're both super cute- happy buying hah

      Delete
  4. Ugh totally sympathising on the exam front- I'm sure you'll do amazingly well and summer will feel so much better when it finally arrives. Besides what better time than study leave for binge-watching tv shows?

    Anyways, I love the colour of the jacket! That blush pink is definitely in style just now, and aww the rain coat is really cute <3

    Great post- you have amazing style!x

    Love,

    Anne

    www.aportraitofyouth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Another fellow exam-taker, welcome. This summer is my most anticipated, it better be good! We don't get study leave mainly because our school doesn't trust most the students to actually study whilst away- don't blame them haha. Everyone seems to also be loving the leather jacket, blush pink is so beautiful!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love that faux leather jacket! Such a gorgeous colour :O and would go so well with everything else you've picked out :)

    Lu | http://littlebitoflu.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love the colour most- I picked out everything to ensure that they all pair well with each other, seems like I was v successful in doing so hah

      Delete
  6. That leather jacket omg!! So many more things to add to my wishlist <3 xx

    Eleanorclaudie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh ikr! Don't do it...it's dangerous ha

      Delete
  7. pastel and midi skirts are my favorite you should definitely get these xx
    Terica
    www.citihippie.com

    ReplyDelete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points