masc + curl

Friday, 25 March 2016

In case you were wondering, masc is short for mascara, the word is too long to type. I'm not exactly sure what this post will be but it's slightly heading towards a review type thing so I'll go with that. The Maybelline lash sensational mascara has been a cult favourite since last May but of course I'm late to join the craze. I've grown so accustomed to using my Diorshow iconic that I became adamant that I'd never find another mascara that will do better than it. I was wrong. So so wrong! Especially now as the formula has dried up a little it works amazingly and really helps lift my lashes, I have naturally long lashes but I do like to give that extra length and fluttery, daintiness too. The mascara is very black, unlike those other mascaras that claim to be 'carbon black' or 'dark black' so that's always a plus...no one wants ashy, grey lashes. Prior to using the mascara, I also curl my lashes, now this is a fairly new step to routine because I always find it so time consuming (takes around 5 seconds but y'know) I use the Lancome eyelash curler and it really does curl your lashes and give them an extra push, when I cba I usually just curl my lashes and leave them natural. When I do follow up with the lash sensational, it legit looks as if I've got some kind of eyelash extensions, the length and curl is that deeeep. The mascara wand itself has the curved/spoon shape so that definitely helps to lift as well as evenly distribute the formula so you have zero clumps as well as great length + lift. I really don't know what to say other than I highly advise you try this out, it's perhaps the best drugstore mascara I've tried so far!

Do you use the Lash Sensational mascara? What are your thoughts on it?
Dalal

Currently listening to: Prey- The Neighbourhood, Daddy Issues- The Neighbourhood

18 comments :

  1. I love Lash Sensational!! I used to be an avid user of curlers but I kinda forget now that I've fallen out of the habit of it, I must start doing it again though because it does make a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Using eyelash curlers is sooo long but the results are worth it.

      Delete
  2. I've just purchased the lash sensational and I'm so excited to try it once my current mascaras run out - I do love roller lash and its been compared to that!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll love it, I haven't tried roller lash but apparently they aren't too similar. Roller lash lengthens and separates whereas lash sensational volumises.

      Delete
  3. I love the lash sensational mascara. Definitely one of my favourites. And I love the tweeserman eyelash curlers, they really keep my eyelashes curled all day x
    katiehopkinson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I haven't tried any tweezerman products yet- my eyelash curlers do a good job haha

      Delete
  4. I have not used the lash sensational mascara yet! It's on my list to try all my mascaras are running out. I do like curling my lashes sometimes it makes any lashes look amazing.
    xx
    Terica
    www.citihippie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've just bought it now (yaasss) + I agree.

      Delete
  5. I love the effortlessness of your posts. The Lash Sensational is on par with the Benefit They're Real Mascara. Never tried eyelash curled before, may have to pick some up on my next Boots trip!

    Fran | franciscarockey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. I haven't tried the They're Real yet...you need to curl yo lashes, it makes such a huge difference!

      Delete
  6. I need to try this mascara, I've heard such good things X
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's currently on offer in boots i think!

      Delete
  7. Why has NO ONE COMMENTED ON THE FACT THAT THE FOCUS ON THESE PICTURES IS SO GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! (don’t get gasseddddd). I really need to find a mascara that works with my eyelashes, I love the Bobbie Brown one I have but it loses the ‘volume and length’ bc my lashes are just weird

    Ambra x
    Fridays are fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DON'T GAS ME G. Try curling yo' lashes? It deffo helps- or ask to test out the Diorshow Iconic mascara in Debenhams idk

      Delete
  8. BEST MASCARA AND BEST PICTURES MA G

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this mascara so much and your photography is AMAZING! Love your blog so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ughh such a God send product. why thank you, glad you like my photography + blog :)

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points