What's been on my face

Saturday, 6 February 2016

I have a tendency to lie about what I use in posts like this because in all honesty I hardly ever wear makeup and when I do, it's just eye brow gel (and who wants to read a one product makeup routine!) but this time round I'm going to show what I wear if I'm bothered or if I'm going out to take outfit photos etc.
Concealer is a must for me, I usually use the Nars creamy concealer but I recently tried out the Maybelline instant rewind as I was looking for a more cost friendly alternative. I've got to admit the spongey, fluffy ball, roll on applicator is what really drew me towards it but I'm pleasantly surprised at how good this stuff is, especially when used with my Real techniques miracle face sponge- it really does brighten and cover up the worst of under eye circles!
There is never an excuse for me not to do my brows (well actually there is but you get the gist) I hate those fiddly powders, pencils and waxes and just like to stick to a good ol' tinted brow gel. The one I use was such an unexpected gem, it's by MUA and it instantly darkens and holds my brows in place without giving that crispy, dull, artificial look.
If you've been a regular reader (yo) you'd know that the Diorshow Iconic mascara is my all time fave BUT I decided to try out a different mascara from the drugstore which was (drumroll) the Maybelline lash sensational. When I first applied it I was blown away by the power (?) this mascara has, I remember when I tried my cousins one back in the summer and I hated it as the formula was sooo gloopy and thick and it gave me horrendous spider lashes but now I made sure I removed any excess and love love love the results it gives.
 Last is a lip product which was actually something I gifted my mum but she isn't too keen on the shade so I've taken it (oops). It's a MAC lipstick in the shade Spirit which I cannot get enough off! I always feel super chic and "90s" when wearing this (you might see it in my next post ;)) and it's just genuinely such a nice brown-nude colour. However, I don't always wear lipstick because that ish is too high maintenance so I usually just put on a lip balm only.

products mentioned-
concealer
brow gel
mascara
lip stick
face sponge

what makeup products have you been wearing lately?
Dalal

ps: I made a new blog instagram, pls be a sweetheart and follow ;) @_monochromedaisies

Follow

16 comments :

  1. I love the MUA brow gel, not many people seem to mention it though. I really want to try that concealer. And I love the title, you always think of great posts Dalal x
    katiehopkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally, someone else who's a fan of it too, I agree- not many people know about it! The concealer is great, it's definitely worth a try.
      Dalal

      Delete
  2. I love these kind of posts! I haven't tried any of these products but I really want to try that lipstick though, I love mac lipsticks x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You must try out the concealer, it's such a good product. Anything from MAC is perfect really hah
      Dalal

      Delete
  3. These all seem like lovely products - I'm so desperate to try the lash sensational mascara it sounds amazing!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are :) I was quite hesitant at first but now that I've tried it out it's one of the best drugstore mascaras I've ever tried. Maybelline have a buy one get second half price offer so you've got an excuse to buy it now ;)

      Delete
  4. Ooh interested in that brow gel, especially since it's so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to try it asap rocky, it's cheap af girl u neeeeed it

      Delete
  5. Lovely picks! I must try out that brow gel, I need something for my brows at the moment!!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's such a steal for £2 and does a perfect job at taming and darkening brows.

      Delete
  6. Ooh I wish I could go without makeup, hopefully in summer my skin will be clear enough for me to feel confident without it. I use this weird pencil thing for my brows but keep hearing about brow gels, I'm tempted to give it a go, especially if it's from MUA (not because I'm a hardocre MUA fan but I am a pretty big fan of their prices)x
    constantlylibby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly ever wear it because tbh I cba lol. I'm sure your skin is fine right now but I hope it does clear up by then..radiant summer skin ayy. You neeeeed to try the MUA one, it's such a surprisngly good product..life changing!
      ps I spot a new URl ;)

      Delete
  7. I really love the Lash Sensational Mascara - it's such a fab budget option xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deffo agree, it's my fave mascara at the moment!

      Delete
  8. Omg the Maybelline Concealer is literally the BEST! Such a lifesaver! Need to give the Lash Sensational mascara a try too.

    Zoe x | www.zoelinda.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, it's beautiful! You should, it's definitely worth it.

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points