Saatchi

Sunday, 14 February 2016

♥happy v day♥
Please try to ignore the horrendous quality of these photos, they were taken on my iPhone! The Saatchi gallery has always been my fave place to go because the art there simply isn't boring, I've been to so many other galleries but never really enjoy myself there as much as I do in the Saatchi. Seeing as Ambra is in Barcelona, I had to go alone (struggles when you only have one friend cri) which was quite refreshing. It was more full than I expected it to be though but nevertheless I really liked the pieces on show, the photo with all the pots and pans reminded me of my moroccan/indian family as the majority of them have around 50 pots and treat them like their babies. The weird copper ball thing and thread spool have interesting stories behind them, the artist used a large polystyrene ball and basically "hand wrapped" it with copper string. It took her around 17 days to complete -with breaks of course- and she had to walk a total 181km to cover the whole circumference of it #commitment. You may know of Sigmund Freud, the father of Psychology. His grandson used to suffer from anxiety so to 'calm' him down, Freud would unravel several spools and get him to wrap the thread around them again. I guess Anderson found this quite intriguing and perhaps created such a sculpture to echo that 'tradition' Freud had created... Anyway, I feel as if I'm boring you all so I'll just stop here, one last thing though: if you're in London, go and visit the saatchi asap rocky!


Have you been to the Saatchi gallery recently? What's your favourite piece?
Dalal

ps- you see that wonderfully whipped cream-ed hot chocolate? yeah I spilt that all over my scarf in the middle of south ken...well done dalal

20 comments :

  1. The story behind that twine thing was really interesting (learn something new everyday ;)).. Love all the copper though hahaha. Also that is not horrendous quality- it's far better than my usual so shh please dalal 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is! haha the copper definitely is a blogger's dream

      Delete
  2. I'm absolutely in love with this post and all the photos. You always find really interesting places to go.
    Katie x
    katiehopkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you katie! it's quite easy when you're in london

      Delete
  3. The Saatchi Gallery looks so interesting! I can't remember the last time I visited a gallery, but I think that I need to. They always inspire me and your images are really great, so I'll have to visit soon as I live in London.:)

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo - Valentine’s Day Make-up Look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, you must go whilst the current exhibition is still there! Thank you

      Delete
  4. Very nice. I would love for you to check out the 10 Truths Every Blogger Can Relate!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
  5. iPhone photos are still photos. No hate over here. The giant thread is really interesting. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I guess so the lighting was quite poor though, that's why I feel as if these photos are slightly grainy. I think so too, the story behind it is quite different

      Delete
  6. These pictures are still amazing quality - I love them! The Saatchi Gallery is so peaceful and amazing, I love that place.

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favourite places to visit when I'm stuck on what to do

      Delete
  7. This seems like an interesting place to vist. It's on my to visit list when I finally come to the UK
    xx
    Terica| www.citihippie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and yesss definitely visit alongside me, Ambra and Edie!

      Delete
  8. Gotta love the saatchi ;)) And wtf the pictures you take on your phone are better than the pictures I take on my camera

    Edie | The Life of Edie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! and no no no edie shhh your photos are A+

      Delete
  9. I love the Saatchi gallery, so much to see there! I really liked the oil room, I'm not sure why it intrigued me so much but it did!
    constantlylibby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same libby same! the oil room baffled the f*ck outta me at first but soon i was like "oooooohhhh"

      Delete
  10. This is such an interesting post! I have been wanting to go to the Saatchi gallery for a while now, as it just seems so fascinating and the total opposite of boring.

    Jade | www.simplyjadey.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! definitely make time to visit, it's incredibly interesting- you'll love it

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points