The Tate Modern Gallery

Wednesday, 7 October 2015

I usually have one of those hectic days where it starts of pretty deflated and goes up from there- Saturday was one of them. After doing "homework" and "studying" with Ambra, we decided to get out of the house for a bit and just walk around, we went down South Bank and before we knew it we was at the entrance of the Tate Modern...that's not necessarily a bad thing either. We went in just generally wanting to look around, nothing we wanted to see in particular really so that's exactly what we done- wander around aimlessly and looking at every piece of art we came across. There were amazing well lit white walls where we decided to take a few outfit shots but we ended up being told off by approximately three security guards saying that the white walls are "private property" and "absolutely no photos can be taken there" although their weren't any signs stating any of that but I just decided to go with it. It got to a point where we actually had to ask different security guards if we can take photos on the white walls, I mean seriously...!? I really do confuse myself sometimes most the time, I have such different feelings towards things; in one photo I look super engrossed in the art around me and in the other, I'm checking Snapchat...I've never really realised the alarmingly short attention span I had until today. The art in the gallery was very different, they had lots of feminist exhibitions and some sculpures on show too, the blue fibres on the wooden pegs are meant to represent paint dripping of an easel if I remember correctly. My favourite piece of art had to be the paintings of John F Kennedy and Nikita Khruschev both pointing fingers at each other, I really enjoy studying modern history and it was delightful being able to analyse and thoroughly understand the explicit and implicit meanings of a painting. The glass and gold boxes were also super pretty, I have no better synonym to describe them but they reminded me of something I'd see on my Tumblr feed...I don't know! Overall it was super refreshing to get away from studying and just do something else that isn't related to biology nor maths, only downer of the day were the stingy security guards but you can't have everything I guess.

Outfit details:
Super duper comfy turtle neck sweater- Primark
Jeans- Zara
Shoes- Nike
Bag- ?

Have you ever visited the Tate Modern before?
-Dalal

PS: I'm sorry I'm doing a lot of lifestyle posts lately, I'm saving up for a Canon camera (nearly there!) so I can improve my photo quality for future blog posts.

18 comments :

  1. I loved this post! The art work is absolutely fab and I love your outfit! The glass and gold boxes are so exquisite!
    ellenelizabethxo.blogspot.co.uk
    Ellen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Some pieces were really interesting, others were plain weird but that's the beauty of it. My outfit was literally just me trying to be comfy without going out in sweats! The glass and gold boxes were my faves
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. Your outfit looks so cosy and lovely! Although I have to say, sometimes I don’t really understand some modern art pieces haha

    Hannah xx
    lifeeissweet.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is! I agree, some art works were a little strange haha
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. I love going to modern art museums more for the photo ops, as I don't really understand a lot of the art. I'm taking Art History in school right now though, so hopefully I can actually figure out what those scribbles mean!

    Security guards are always very stingy. It sucks that you weren't able to take photos in front of the white walls!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like going for both, I'll pay attention to certain exhibitions! Ah art history sounds really interesting but I'm not the type to do that :-( I wish I could though! I did manage to take a few photos but I look super tense in them as I was just waiting for another security guard to approach us again.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. I love your outfit - how good is the Tate Modern? Its one of my favourite galleries alongside the Saatchi, great photos too!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and SOOO good Lucy haha. I do prefer the Saatchi but I have to say, both are pretty amazing!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  5. Wonderful post! Have a nice day:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a lovely day! I absolutely love the good ol Tate, my mum is desperate to see an exhibition about Audrey Hepburn there? Ah mum

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, it's such a reliable museum, you'll always find at least one thing you like. An Audrey Hepburn exhibition? I must gooo
      Dalal x

      Delete
  7. Tate Modern looks so amazing, I can't believe I've never been. Looks like you had a lovely time, such a gorgeous outfit.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is! You must visit it in your free time, Olivia. Thank you!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  8. I really like your outfit and some of the art looks so cool! I need to visit the Tate Modern!

    Tash xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definately making plans to go during the christmas break it looks amazing (particularly for snapping some nice pics ahaha). I love your jumper too! Aleks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (replying uber late but...) I hope you did end up visiting during the break! + thank you, I love it too

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points