Falling out of love

Saturday, 10 October 2015

No, this post isn't going to be about me expressing my despair and hardship after a terrible break up with the man of my dreams because quite frankly, Lucky Blue Smith nor Andrea Denver most likely don't even know I exist. Instead this post is about blogging. I've been blogging seriously for about half a year or more now and it's the most enjoyable experience putting up a post and genuinely liking what you wrote. But, lately I just cba with blogging anymore, and I can't quite pin point why I feel like this but I think it has something to do with blog photography and my current camera. I'm constantly pouring over fashion bloggers photos, not necessarily the ones with a 40k followers but more of the small/medium known ones like 'Dazhane Leah' , '1 Fine Dai' and 'Le-Visualiste'  and am increasingly jealous of their minimalist and high quality photos and feel like I can't do the same. Frustrating, really. As I said earlier, this all links to my ill thought through choices of buying a £100 bridge camera at the beginning of the year, thinking my blog photos would be outstanding. Thankfully, I have 2 year guarantee on the camera so I'll be getting my money back and also have saved up some money so I'll be getting a proper DSLR (Canon 100d) With a new camera comes a rekindled love for blogging, so I'll be back here posting more outfit and beauty posts soon.

Have you ever fallen out of love with blogging? How did you combat it?




16 comments :

  1. You will love the 100D, it's such an easy to use camera but produces some great quality photos. Its the actual camera i use, I talk about it a lot and share a lot of the photos I take on it, over on my blog! X :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I've read many reviews on it and tutorials on how to actually use it so I'm feeling very optimistic at the moment, I'll definitely be reading more of your photography posts :)

      Delete
  2. I have fallen out of love with blogging recently too. I've had a lot less free time due to school, and recently I just prefer to do something other than blogging xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a bad feeling, open evenings and studying has taken over my life right now.

      Delete
  3. I love your blog photography - I hope you fall back in love with blogging once you get the 100D however! You should invest in a 50mm lens, I feel that made me happier with my blog photography and they're pretty cheap at about £60! Keep going though gurl x

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that's a little reassuring, I hope I do too! I think I'll start with the basic 18-55mm lens then work my way up!

      Delete
  4. :( I literally have zero time to write any posts, I love to do fashion posts however I don’t have time to actually produce the posts (outfit+pictures) let alone writing the actual post. Its gone to the point where I can only post once a month. Its such a shame and I don’t know what to do about it :(((

    Ambra x fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, luckily I had a few scheduled but who knows what I'll do once I'm out of posts! We should definitely go out and shoot some outfit photos in bulk, that'll have us set for a couple weeks or so.

      Delete
  5. as you knooow, I have these phases at least 3 or 4 times a year.. Just take as much time as you need, and eventually you'll just miss it so much!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worst phase e v e r, will do- I miss it already!

      Delete
  6. I have fallen out of love with blogging due to A levels etc, but I put so much effort into it that I just didn't want to give it all up.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A levels do seem to take up lots of space, I'm only in year 11 and have been super busy already.

      Delete
  7. I always fall out of love with blogging, sometimes it's just so hard to get back the motivation!

    Tash xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I go through love-hate relationships with my blog; sometimes I love it so much, and sometimes it just feels like a bothersome chore. I'm currently in the "love" phase, so there's lots of content coming out! I'm jealous you're getting a DSLR though, so lucky :P

    Emily // Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's just a normal thing to feel this way. I'm so glad you're on the 'love' phase, I'm yet to get back on my blogging feet
      Dalal xo

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points