A for Autumn

Saturday, 3 October 2015

The autumn time is a bittersweet period for me, by now I would have finally processed that summer is well and truly over but then I'll also be excited for what's to come next. Sentimental, I know but 100% true. Every season comes and goes but these are a few of my favourite things about autumn. Oh, and as I'm typing this I'm eating Thai green curry noodles...be jealous ;-)

London Fashion Week kick starts the season and although I wasn't fortunate enough to attend any shows this year, the overall atmosphere is upbeat and lively. People of all different backgrounds and styles come together and unite to celebrate a common interest- fashion.

Fireworks and bonfire night, it's become a tradition for my family to go to Hyde Park to watch the fireworks every 5th of November so I always look forward too that. I'm not going to lie, it's freakin cold when the fireworks are on but it's such a lovely experience so it's worth the numb toes.

The actual fashion, I can finally wear an all black ensemble without looking strange amidst others in bright pink tanks and denim cut offs. Give me a black chunky knit sweater, black jeans and vans and my heart'll be content. Ankle boots are another thing I am eager to start wearing again, these not only keep your feet warm but they also help to elongate my (already lanky) legs and look elegant overall.

Living in London means that I'm constantly faced with harsh, biting winds, inevitable grey, rainy days and the cold so I've learnt to love and appreciate the feeling of finally getting home where it's warm and dry. It sounds ridiculous but it's a simple thing that just makes me feel so much better- getting somewhere warm after being faced with the cold.

I don't want to be cliche and say I'm excited for dark lip colours, but I am so there's no point in lying. However, I'm not ashamed to say that I am absolutely thrilled to start wearing dramatic liquid eyeliner again; by dramatic I mean a wing and two dots under each eye because that's as "rebellious" as I'd go- I'm clearly not about that double winged liner life.

What do you like about autumn? 
This post is part of a little blogger series I'm taking part in called the "secret blogger project 2015" run by teen bloggers Emily , Rebekka and Charlotte. About 30 of us will be writing twice a week on selected little lifestyle topics and you can also go onto the twitter and instagram hashtag "#secretbp2015" to have a little chat and view everyone's posts. If you would like to join or know more (we'd love to have you!)  Instagram dm @theperks0fbeingemily or if you don't have instagram, send a quick email to  rebekkarosebeautyxo@gmail.com! 

22 comments :

  1. I don't really get that excited for the autumn makeup but I do love the fashion! It's so cosy and the colours are lush x :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I really like the fashion too.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post, I love autumn!! I'm so excited to start wearing berry lipsticks. I'm obsessed with your new blog layout.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia, I really love the autumn too. Berry lipsticks are just so dreamy, I'm obsessed with it too!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. I adore Autumn too!! It's my second favourite season! I also love being able to wear all black without being judged. Love this post
    ellenelizabethxo.blogspot.co.uk
    Ellen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm guessing your favourite season is summer...am I right? I am a summer baby so of course I love summer the most but the autumn comes quite close to it. All black is the best!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. Bonfire night is like my fave part of autumn - how could I forget! Such a good post:)

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a nice feeling to be out there and the fireworks are so nice to look at. Thank you!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  5. Loving the new blog layout Dalal, and love this post too. I agree when it comes to wearing all black. My Autumn wardrobe is literally black,grey and burgandy. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I'm loving it too (as in the design, not the post otherwise I'd sound too full of myself haha) All black is my forte, as well as navy blue and grey.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  6. I'm so ready for autumn! I want to buy new dark lipsticks- and I want to get back into eyeliner! I need to buy some, I went through a phase where I used gel eye liner but I just can't seem to nail that. I used felt tip for a while but now I think it's time to use liquid, which one do you use? I've never been to Hyde Park on fireworks night but it sounds so cute, maybe I'll give it a go this year! (As long as it's not a school night though aha)x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I! I need to make a makeup wishlist for the season as I have zero dark lipsticks anymore (I've lost them all) I use a liquid liner from MAC and it's quite easy to use as it has a flexible tip but I might get the Soap and Glory Supercat liner instead as it looks so much easier to handle. Ugh, Bonfire Night falls on a Thursday night :(
      Dalal x

      Delete
  7. Autumn is one of my favourite seasons of the year, I love the changing colours of the leaves, the foggy mornings, everything is so beautiful!
    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not exactly my favourite season (SUMMER!) but it's second, some trees have already started turning yellowish/orange. Saturday morning was super foggy in London, it was so quiet and mysterious.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  8. I love Autumn too, especially for the fashion! I'd love to go to see the fireworks at Hyde Park!

    Aim | www.thetracesofmythoughts.blogspot.co.uk x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fashion is the best! It's super nice going there in the evening and eating lots of burgers haha
      Dalal x

      Delete
  9. I really like autumn, especially autumn fashion and candles :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, ugh I forgot to mention the candles!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  10. I absolutely love nothing better than dark lips and winged liner! A match made in heaven. Or the dream team. Can't wait to be cosied up in the Autumn fashion! xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here haha, they really are a dreamy makeup match aren't they!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  11. tbh the thing i get most excited about is the lush. and scarves. and coats. and candles. ah geez. I loved this post as always :)

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh the LUSH christmas collection is amazing. I really want to buy those huge blanket scarves from Zara although they're like £18..! I recently bought the best A/W coat from Zara (of course) and it's soooooo comfy like I can't. Every candle I've bought doesn't give of any scents so I just feel like I should quite buying them ha
      Dalal x

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points