Where I'm Based

Wednesday, 23 September 2015

I've decided to call this post 'where I'm based' rather than 'where I live' as it does sound a little stalkerish etc. I live fairly close to London Bridge meaning I have lots of landmarks and peaceful places to visit if I ever want to; as my cousin (the 'photographer' cousin as I like to call her) has come to visit London, we just went around Borough market, the Shard and Southbank so here are some photos- some taken by me and some taken by her!
 These photos are all of Borough Market, as much as I love the atmosphere there some things are just bloody expensive! We had salted caramel biscuits which were £2 each, of course I had sky high limits for this due to the fact it was all organic but to be honest it just tasted bland *cries* so those pennies were not so well spent. Oh well, the actual market stalls were tres photogenique as my cousin would say so it was worth it.
Next we crossed over London Bridge in the absolute pouring rain, 'raining cats and dogs' is a serious understatement- I mean my light wash jeans got so drenched they turned dark wash! We had a look around the very little stores there and spent most our time trying to find a way to get a shot of the monument without having to do any unusual positions- we failed though but we will be going back for another try! 
 Walk down from the monument a little and there's this tiny little outdoor seating area with a few cafes and pubs around. I don't know why I took photos but I just liked how it looked- don't judge. Oh and I also got very queer looks from the people in this photo!
 After walking down a little, we went down to the Fishmongers Warf where it's super quiet and peaceful- there's hardly anyone there as most people are on the other side, admiring the Tower Bridge etc. There's a lovely view from here, especially in the evening when all the buildings turn on their lights- including London Bridge. It got dark so quickly though so it had finally hit me that summer was well and truly gone...well I should have realised that earlier seeing as I was bundled up in a sweater, coat and scarf ha.
It was around 8pm at the point these photos were taken so we hurried home as I had to do some last minute revision for some biology mid terms the next day. Had to take a photo of the iconic Tower Bridge by night along with the Thames- it all looked so picturesque with all the lights! This florist is in the middle of London Bridge tube station and it's just such a nice difference to the concrete jungle surrounding us.

Where are your favourite places in your city/town?

18 comments :

  1. London is one of my favourite places to go - your photos are so nice!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love walking around the city! Thank you Lucy
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. You are so lucky to live there, you are living my dream!

    Y xx http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com.mt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, I hope you get to visit soon!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. Stop it you! You Edie and ambra make me so jealous! These photos are so beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help it Rebekka :(( I'm sure Northern Ireland has some beautiful scenery too- you just have to look!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. I love all of the photos, it looks so nice in London I would love to visit. I think Durham is Quite a nice area to, I just never venture out into it often xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, London has been the best home city to me and I wouldn't change it at the moment- I just seem to fit in with the busy city life, rural areas are just to slow paced for me. I'd love to visit up North soon!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  5. You are very lucky to be living in London, so many people dream of living there! :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't I! It is an amazing city to be in, especially if you enjoy walking about.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  6. Great photos! I love London!

    Tash xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's great city to be based in.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  7. criessss at the different rotated pictures (ah does this even make sense?!) Anyways I luvvvv the pictures (as usual), I don’t have much to say as we live 5 minutes from each other. But adfajdklfad :))))

    Ambra x fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really doesn't make sense lol Thank you, most photos were taken by my cousin (who's left now :(()
      Dalal x

      Delete
  8. Wow, look at that! Wish we had double-decker buses here in Boston :)

    Emily // Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so cool, I love sitting on the top deck right at the front- you get such a great view!
      Dalal

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points