OOTD | Bright eyes, blue denim

Saturday, 26 September 2015

One thing I was dreading about summer ending was the fact that I wouldn't be able to wear this denim skirt anymore, it sounds ridiculous- I know but the denim a-line skirt has seriously earned a proud spot in my heart. As it is late September the spontaneous part of me was like "It's still warm: wear the skirt, wear the skirt, wear the skirt!" so I did. It was around 17 degrees so that probably explains why my legs didn't freeze off although I did get the occasional spells of goosebumps. I feel like this post is going to dwindle into me talking about this skirt (which is from Zara by the way) and nothing else. Contradicting the short, light skirt I wore a grey, ribbed turtle neck purchased from New Look last year and made sure my tiny necklace poked through because why not? My mum, being the typical mum she is, insisted that I wear a jacket claiming it's too cold outside to go out without one so I just hurriedly threw on a plain black North Face jacket and if I'm honest I quite like how it just relaxed and loosened the overall structure of the outfit. The Doc Martens 1461's are a staple for me whether it be for school or for going out like this, they're very laid back and just fit well with everything worn with them.

What clothing item do you wish you could wear all year round?

26 comments :

  1. This outfit was definitely worth the goosebumps - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I strongly agree with you there Rebekka, thank you!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. I love your outfit posts dalal, can't wait to see what you put together for Autumn. Great post

    Georgiaroseebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're my favourite posts to do, I'm yet to buy some clothes for the Autumn but when I do I'll take lots of OOTDs featuring them.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. That outfit really suits you! I need to invest in one of those skirts next year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abbie, they're worth the money!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. I love your skirt! I've been looking for a cute denim skirt like that!

    http://snapsnpixels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I got mine in the Zara sales for less than £15!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos - I loved my denim a line skirt this summer, but I think I'll be wearing it with some thick wooly tights because I just can't part with it haha!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, credits to my cousin haha. I wore mine nearly everyday with basic tees and camis, I think I might do that myself- it's just too pretty to put away!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  6. You have such a distinctive style, I love that! Mine is always all over the place, and I don't think I'd ever be able to do one of those capsule wardrobes. I wish I could wear my heeled sandals all year long - though it's California so some winters I actually could!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! My style consists of neutral colours like greys, blacks, whites and navy blues so whatever I wear it'll go with everything. I'm contemplating on starting a capsule wardrobe but that means I'd have to sell some items which is just so tedious and frustrating. I always see instagram posts of people at the beach in the middle of November in Cali so I wouldn't expect winter to be harsh there!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  7. You have such a great style! I'm obsessed with denim skirts at the moment! x

    Tash
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning outfit! You look so great!

    life-with-marianne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments Marianne :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  9. I love this outfit! Your Doc Marten's are to die for Dalal... xx
    esmemadeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esme! I'm almost always wearing them so they're well worth the price.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  10. super cute, love it! x
    http://lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the turtle neck! I have a very tight turtle neck which I’ve been avoiding to wear since I feel like I am being strangled and its super uncomfortable! But hey isn’t beauty worth the pain (yes I forgot the quote, so i’ll paraphrase for now )

    Ambra x fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm not really a fan of New Look but this stood out for me for only £7.99! This one isn't as tight in the turtle neck so it's not as uncomfortable as you think. And I think you got the quite right more or less haha
      Dalal x

      Delete
  12. Lovely outfit, I especially love the skirt!

    Aim | www.thetracesofmythoughts.blogspot.co.uk x x

    ReplyDelete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points