3 fab face fixes

Friday, 11 September 2015

Summer tends to take a toll on your skin due to the constant exposure you're being faced with, from the sun and sea salt which can make skin feel tight, dry and tres uncomfortable as I learnt from personal experience. These three products have been a dream in terms of nursing my skin back to health and balancing it so it's not ridiculously dry nor horrifyingly oily. I will be doing a skin care rotation when Autumn is in full swing as thicker and richer creams are what I opt for as opposed to the products shown which are much lighter.
Walking into pharmacies in Morocco is as if you've just been whisked away to the skincare aisle in a Sephora in France- it's just chock full of French skincare products! Of course I took advantage of the exchange rates and bought the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel (long name!) This cleanser not only gently cleans and purifies the face to remove any excess sebum but also soothes and soften without any irritation whatsoever. It's perfect for all skin types as it's gentle enough to cater for all however as the name suggests, it's best suited for oily to combination skin types.
Whilst I was browsing the LRP section of course I had to pick up the iconic Effaclar Duo after hearing countless reviews and adverts about how damn good this stuff is at unclogging pores, controlling oil and battling blemishes/spots. I swear by this stuff, I'm not the one to get breakouts and have never had acne (touch wood) but I do have a few 'thin' spots on my forehead along with some clogged up pores however after my second or third application of this they're all gone. Like poof! I swear it's some kind of magic, well probably the ceramides in it but for the sake of the child in me I'll just continue to claim it's magic.
Lastly is a moisturiser that I have recently finished *cries* but one I'll definitely be repurchasing too. Clinique Moisture Surge has a light, whipped gel formula which is absorbed quickly to hydrate parched skin, it doesn't sit uncomfortably on a sticky film layer over. After purchasing a few things from the Clinique in Duty Free, I was gifted a set of minis and was extremely enthusiastic about this product as I'm chuffed that this product is as good as I expected- I've had so many product let downs so this was my third (or maybe more) time lucky.

What products do you reach out for when you're skin is having a little 'crisis' ?

12 comments :

  1. I REALLY want to try the Effaclar duo, I've seen so many rave reviews of it! It seems like a miracle product; I hope it does the same for me.

    Tash Xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to try it Tash, believe every good review on this because they are 100% true- this stuff is amazing!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. This is such a great post! I don't use any of these products but my recent skin savior has been the t- zone spot zap gel, its £1 & works so quickly x



    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole, £1 for such a fast and effective gel seems super good!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. I have both of those LRP of when my sister was in Paris, and they are such a great duo! My skin care has recently been Garnier and Clean & Clear! Which is so surprising as LRP is more expensive yet both work amazingly! Love the post :)

    Ambra x fridaydaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are a trusty pair and work together so well! I used to use the Clean and Clear exfoliating wash and it was super good but haven't repurchased since- I probably should though as it made my skin so smooth and bright!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. Wooow! Beautiful post my dear!!! My new post on the blog!!! http://blondelafemme.blogspot.ru/2015/09/all-colors-of-autumn-at-sammydress.html please write a comment! Thank you so much!!! ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you however please don't comment on my post just to get a comment back :( I don't like it.
      dalal

      Delete
  5. I really need to take better care of my skin (how many times must I say this before I actually do is the real question though) these products look good! I'm just so clueless when it comes to skin care but that moisture sounds good, plus I trust clinique. Might have to give it a go, my skin gets so disgustingly dry during (check out that alliteration) winter so paying a bit extra for a good moisturiser will be worth it!x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always can't be bothered to do all this to my skin but when I'm feeling motivated and I'm like "whoo skincare" ha. My skin always gets super dry in winter too so this moisturiser is perfect, plus that alliteration is mesmerising Libby haha.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  6. I have heard raving reviews about Effaclar but sadly it doesn't agree with my skin.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :( That's such a huge shame as it is a miracle product for me!
      Dalal x

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points