Summer Confidence

Thursday, 6 August 2015

If you (like me) are going on holiday this summer then you'll most likely be confronted with a pool or beach setting which isn't necessarily bad but it can be a little daunting to some. The fact that we will have to wear bikinis and more revealing clothing in order to beat the heat is a scary thought to those who lack confidence, I know the feelings of fear, anxiousness and insecurity that comes with wearing a swimming costume. I believe that your whole holiday shouldn't be ruined by non-existent thoughts in your head telling you what you can and can't do so here are a few tips on getting the best out of summer and not giving into those negative, self destructive thoughts!

Fake it 'till you make it-
If you don't feel happy about yourself then just pretend you are! Act like you are something so you can..it's simple yet effective and tricks your mind into obtaining a more positive mindset. There are so many psychological articles written about the science of this if you're interested.

Perfect your posture- 
Standing up straight can not only add inches to your height but also make you appear more slimmer, so if you're slouching at the beach then remember to straighten up! Keep your shoulders back, stomach tensed and chin up for a bold and confident stance.

Smile-
Sourire. Sonrier. Smile. I just wrote it in three languages so you know how darn important it is to smile- it kind of goes under the 'fake it till you make it' scenario. Smiling radiates positivity and helps practice your confidence skills. You'll also appear more approachable which can help make new friends etc!

Wear a bikini that fits-
Sounds stupid but if you're busty then wearing a strapless bikini isn't the most appropriate choice; you'll constantly be pulling it up and you'll get increasingly self conscious that something is showing. Make sure to buy a bikini that fits your body shape and you feel confident in wearing. Moral of the story buy a bikini that actually fits you!

Stop comparing yourself to others-
Yes, Becky may have 6 pack abs and yes, Jessica could have an amazing bum but you're not Becky nor Jessica so there's no point in comparing yourself to them. You could probably list endless insecurities you have but that wont make you better- if you don't like something then work with it, don't complain about it!

How do you stay confident during the summer?
This post is part of a little blogger series I'm taking part in called the "secret blogger project 2015" run by teen bloggers Emily ,Rebekka and Charlotte. About 30 of us will be writing twice a week on selected little lifestyle topics and you can also go onto the twitter and instagram hashtag "#secretbp2015" to have a little chat and view everyone's posts. If you would like to join or know more (we'd love to have you!)  Instagram dm @theperks0fbeingemily or if you don't have instagram, send a quick email to  rebekkarosebeautyxo@gmail.com! xxx

30 comments :

  1. Honestly this was probably the most helpful post I've read in quite a while! I really need to take some of this into account! I personally always practice "fake it til you make it" aha! And yes smiling is definitely important enough to be stated in 3 languages! Goodness I feel like I'm writing an essay here, but I just had to add that the candid picture of you is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rebekka, fake it till you make it is the best mindset to have although I struggle to keep it up myself at times! 3 languages really does intensify the importance of smiling indeed aha. Essays are fun...only when they're comments though! Thank Ambra for taking that shot, I have no idea what made me laugh so much!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. I love this post Dalal, I really struggle with self confidence especially in the summer, but I am trying to work on it, you are gorgeous Dalal xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie, developing confidence in yourself is a working progress- you will get there in the end.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. These are such good tips, I never thought about posture but standing up straight does make you feel more confident.
    Tash Xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, posture is very important!!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. Really love this post Dalal, I think everyone struggles with body confidence, especially during summer, but all together we can feel great in summer!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte, I guess it's just a normal thing especially with what we're surrounded with these days but we can definitely improve.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  5. Loved this post Dalal!! So inspiring and everything you've written is so true!!!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca! I really did do my research before writing up this post :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  6. Loveeee this post gal!! YES BODY POSITIVITY!! I love how this post is all about finding your confidence and how you're not ignoring such an important issue as confidence,love it!! Awesome job gurl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lois :) I'm sure many girls will start to find confidence as soon as they realise their worth
      Dalal x

      Delete
  7. Love this post :) I have a really hard time with posture, so this was helpful to remind me I need to stand.up.straight!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edie, I have such bad posture as well. When Ambra is taking my outfit photos she always yells at me as I'm slouching in most the photos!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  8. This was such a lovely post Dalal!x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips. Definitely tips I'll be putting into practise in the future!xx
    ellenelizabethxo.blogspot.co.uk
    Ellen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hopefully these will help you :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  10. YES, YES, YES!!! Amen sister, great tips and well said!

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool idea (the blog series)! These are all really great tips! I use the summer to inspire myself to actually exercise (bc I am a lazy bum who doesn't do anything if I don't have inspiration or a reason to), but I've found I actually never really end up going to the pool. Oh well!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's called the secret blogger project, it's super easy to join! Haha I totally agree with you although Pinterest is great for motivation.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  12. Really great tips Dalal, I totally agree with you! Thanks for sharing :D
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. stumbled across your blog, In love! I love this post and the professional design and your blog is just goals literally!!

    Xx Sofia

    Www.Sofiasaidwhat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sofia, I'm glad you like my blog I'll make sure to have a look at yours as well.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  14. This is such a good set of tips Dalal! xx I especially relate to the posture! It makes such a difference! xx


    www.theperks0fbeingemily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points