Skincare Saviour | Garnier micellar water

Thursday, 27 August 2015

Perfect for those lazy days when you just can't be bothered!
Micellar water is a product that has really taken off; the original micellar water by French skincare brand, Bioderma is extremely popular however it is a little pricey so many other skincare brands like Simple, Garnier and L’Oreal have started to offer a micellar water of their own. I love micellar water, there’s nothing better than having extra time in bed and this skincare super hero allows that to happen rather than having you slave away doing the lengthy rituals of cleansing, toning and moisturising. The Garnier micellar water in particular has been a gem- it does everything you want- removes makeup with ease, cleans your face and even acts as a moisturiser if you massage in the extra water. It doesn’t leave that strange, sticky residue on your skin which I’ve had with previous micellar waters I’ve tried. 
You’re probably thinking to yourself, does this even remove waterproof makeup? Yes! Hours  Minutes of rubbing your eyes to remove that pesky 24hr stay eye shadow- I’m looking at you, Maybelline colour tattoo- are long gone. You know those lip stains that claim to stay on for the whole day and night, they are amazing throughout the day when you’re eating and chatting away but when you come home and all you want is a clean face these lip stains can become the devil in disguise. Literally, they do not budge for anything. However, one swipe of micellar water on a cotton pad and it’s gone forever, leaving its nasty self imprinted on the pad. God I sound dramatic. As this is tailored for combination and sensitive skin, I thought it’d be much better than the original as I can get a little oily during the summer; it comes in a 400ml bottle with green text and cap as opposed to the original which has a pink cap etc. It does dry out my face a little but the good thing is that I can just massage the excess into my skin and that’s moisturising enough however if you have oily skin then this will be a dream to work with.  As you can probably tell, I only have songs of praise for this product and the fact that I got it in offer in Boots for only £3 instead of five just fuels my love for it even more!

Have you tried this micellar water yet?

22 comments :

  1. I absoloutely love the original pink one of this, it really does take makeup off in a flash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the original one yet but as this one has been drying my face out a little I think I'll be buying that one once I finish this bottle!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. I love Micellar water! It's the best! I feel it's cleared up my skin as well!
    Ellen x
    ellenelizabethxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a must have, I never used to think it was worth the hype but I love it now!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. Your blog is so cute rn omg! Your posts are so crazy well written, I love reading them. Oh this is really a hold grail product!!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edie stahp it, you flatter me too much ;) thank you! it definitely is a HG product
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. I love the original micellar water but I've never seen this one, I'll have to keep an eye open for it.

    Tash Xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have oily skin then definitely give this a go!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  5. I really want to try this, I've been reading loads of reviews. Great post Dalal xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to try it out, watch out for when it's on offer, it'll be better value!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  6. Well I need to try this out! Great review Dalal! You have me sold!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha welcome to the dark side ;) I'm glad my review was effective
      Dalal x

      Delete
  7. I have got the pink one and I really love it. I want to try this, but it isn't here in the Czech Republic...
    Lovely post Dalal ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to try the original version, I'm not sure if there's much of a difference between the two but seeing as I haven't tried the other version I'm yet to judge. Thank you Mariana :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  8. I literally was reading this and thought you were trying to sell me this! This is such a great review! My sister recently bought a melting cleanser, which is pretty cool. It is first a oil when applied to the skin and removes your makeup whilst rubbing it in your skin (but not in a rough way?). Then when you wash your face the oil turns into a milky cleanser, so its a makeup remover and cleanser in one!! Ever since I’ve had the Micellar water, I’ve turned my back on the rough makeup wipes

    Ambra x fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank youuu, I wrote it in a rush but I'm glad it's convincing enough! That's such a great concept, a 3-1 product sounds super time saving- ideal for me! My dads in Paris at the moment and I asked him to bring me back some skincare stuff including Bioderma so I'm excited to see if that's any different to the garnier one.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  9. This is literally my holy grail make up remover, I've heard the Simple micellar water is good but I don't think it could even compete with this haha. Your photos are so gorgeous, what camera do you use if you don't mind me asking? I'm on the look out for a new one.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an amazing product for the price, I've also got the Simple one too after an event and it's quite good too however it does leave a sticky feeling after which I'm not a fan of. Thank you, I use a super cheap bridge camera - Sony DSCH300. It's an average camera but I get by until I upgrade to a DSLR :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  10. Great post!! I wouldnt be without this product either, just fab :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sammy, me neither it's a must have!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  11. I have the original pink one and ohhhhhhhh boy do I love it. It does dry out my skin a bit too but I can't even complain because its not that big of a problem. Its such a brilliant product. I'll be repurchasing it without a doubt !! x

    Caitriona | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it's December (so sorry for the late reply) my skin is getting so dry so I'll have to try out the pink one as it's less harsh! As long as you follow up with a hydrating moisturiser you're fine!
      Dalal

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points