10 blogs to bookmark

Saturday, 29 August 2015

Beware, this post is going to be full of love! Having a blog can put you in a vulnerable position on the internet as anyone could get to you and potentially cyber bully you but from personal experience my internet experience has been amazing. From getting comments on posts saying how much they love my style to a tweet asking me how I am, all of these things really do make me feel acknowledged to be in such a caring community. I love sharing the love so here are ten blogs that I always go to, some I've been reading for almost a year whilst others I've only just discovered the past few days. Just before I start I'd like to say that these are in no order!


The Life of Edie-  Her simplistic writing and photos are to. die. for. and I always tell her that either in her post comments or through the kik chats we have. She posts consistently which is just as well as I'm always updating her blog, hoping to see a new post! Not only is she an amazing blogger, she's also an amazing and thoughtful friend with a great sense of humour (vint ;)) When you read her posts it's as if you are having a general chat with her as it's so free flowing and effortless. Definitely check out her fashion and beauty posts!

Carrie Brighton-  Detailed blog posts are a must and Carrie does just that. Her photos are bright and very easy on the eyes, I could stare at them for days! Not only that, her blog in general is a colourful bundle of fun that I could read for days with content that is generally interesting, I do tend to get rather bored of beauty posts however she manages to make them a little more intriguing! 

Katie Lou-  A new blog I've just discovered written by 16 year old Katie, she mixes beauty and lifestyle together so you have two different genres to read. She comes through as a very thoughtful and caring girl and as she shares the same hobbies as me, it's very easy to connect with her. Her photos are stunning and she manages to balance photos out with writing so nothing is too picture or text heavy. 

Rose Glow-  First of all, we share the same template so whoo! Secondly, I am urging to go and read her 'DIY: What I Made Monday' post because it's so creative and I would have never thought of it before- I must try it! Anyway, Alice has such a lovely blog that I like to call 'friendly' as anyone who stumbles across it will find something they like from DIY's to beauty reviews to hauls. She also has the cutest tuxedo kitten called April, if I haven't convinced you by now then I don't know what will!



Forever September- Lucy does unique beauty posts which I thoroughly enjoy, she uses both drugstore and high end products and her photos are breathtakingly stunning- marble, cacti and pretty makeup put together are a beautiful sight! I like her 'Sunday Chatter' posts which are like a diary entry so they're quite interesting to read as she tells us what she's done throughout the week and her thoughts and feelings.

The Sunday Girl TSG offers detailed reviews as she tests each different product for certain amounts of time before giving her honest thoughts on her blog. Not only does she stick to traditional beauty posts like 'Back to school budget makeup' she also does some different ones like her 'A peek inside a teenagers makeup bag' post where she showed the contents of her little sisters cosmetic bag. I also like how her post titles more creative.
Angelina Is-  Let me tell you one thing, Angelina has white hair, yes white hair- it's awesome. If you want a random blog to read then head over right now because she writes about everything, from her trips around California to showcasing her top notch photography skills. She also writes about issues that need to be addressed like her catcalling experience which, if you're reading this now Angelina, was horrible yet eye opening.

Josie's Journal-  Josie originally started her blog of to raise awareness for Cystic Fibrosis, which is an illness she suffers from. Her outfit posts are very simple and not too over complicated, she uploads the photo and says what she is wearing and her favourite piece- easy. She also does pretty good beauty reviews and only reviews things that she actually likes, her lifestyle posts are fun to read, I mean who goes to watch Mean Girls on a boat. a freaking boat.
Temporary : Secretary-  Probably one of my favourite beauty bloggers, she does such great reviews- no wonder she has many brands working with her and was featured on Look Magazine! She also has really good taste in homeware/furniture as shown in her 'Home Inspiration' post- I need that jammy dodger cushion! Not only does she excel in beauty, she also has pretty good fashion sense and is very helpful when it comes to her 'how to style...' posts. She works for Soap & Glory...how cool!

The Lovecats Inc-  Best fashion blogger me thinks! She invests in basic, high quality pieces that she knows will go together so she always looks effortlessly chic- even in a grey tee and black jeans. Although she is a self confessed lover of black and white clothing she still manages to inject a little colour on her blog through her nail varnish picks. Helen often holds generous giveaways like her latest one which is a Barbour jacket worth £250, you should definitely go and enter.

I just thought I'd add this extra one in as I know she'll get upset and probably log into my account and add herself into this list so...
Fridays are Fab-  One of my best friends IRL, I actually encouraged her to start a blog and I'm glad she has as her fashion posts give me life. Her beauty posts are equally as good as she's the most relateable to most teenagers in terms of what she likes/wears as most older bbloggers tend to have more heavier routines. Her 'How to clean your makeup brushes' post is exceptionally helpful as when I received my first set of RT brushes and got them dirty, I had no idea how to clean them! She is also a great photographer, all my outfit posts on my blog were shot by her.

What are your favourite blogs?

36 comments :

  1. Vint thank you so so much for including me! The things you said were so lovely, thank you! ps, if I had a list of favourite blogs, cough cough, you'd, cough, be on there too ♥ ♥

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Vint, you definitely deserved a spot here. Thank you, cough cough, I'd be very privileged to be on there, cough cough cough!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. Fanks b!! I also read thelifeofedie and her blog is amazinggggg!! But I'm always in need of reading other blogs and I'll keep this post in mind!!

    Ambra x fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Edie's blog really is great! Make sure to check out the other blogs I've featured, they're all super good.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. What an INCREDIBLE post! I love that you went as far as to praise the amazing members of this community, and for sharing blogs I hadn't heard of yet! I would have to say that Angelina IS definitely one of my favorites. She has such a positive way about her that is really transcended in her posts, I also LOVE her hair!

    XOXO
    www.kellmenow.com
    https://www.facebook.com/kellmenow?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to help others so I thought why not raise some recognition for my favourite bloggers, Angelina is an amazing blogger- she has such amazing content and overflowing in creativity. Her hair really is something else isn't it!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. Hey girl! I just found your blog and I'm totally obsessed, your layout is beautiful and your posts are great! Feel free to message me anytime I'd love to talk to you about how you got your blog started
    x, Kirst
    www.simpleandspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsten!! Thank you and thank you again aha, I'm flattered. I'll tweet you or email you if you want?
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  5. This is why I love the blogger community, everyone is so kind to each other. It's good to share the love.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, and yes it is! Hope you found a few new blogs to read after this :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  6. Thank you for this post Dalal, I'm always in search of new blogs to read. I definitely need to check these ones out. I love how close the blogger community is and how many friends you can make by sharing the same hobby xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Katie! I love the feeling of finding a new blog that I really like. I agree with you, the blogging community is quite spectacular- I love how friendly everyone is towards eachother.

      Delete
  7. Essie Button is my favorite beauty blogger, I love the way she put words together. And also The Beauty Department. The posts are useful :D

    Will surely check these ones out. Thanks for sharing.

    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, Essie Button actually lives next to me and I've managed to meet her once! I like TBD's posts too- very informative.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  8. Awh Dalal, thank you so much! This was so sweet of you, and it definitely put a grin on my face to read your blurb about my blog! You picked such a great selection of blogs, and I'm going over to check them out right after!

    I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy my random posts about everything, I'm always a little apprehensive that people are mostly only interested in hearing about fashion or beauty, but my catcalling post received such strong support, the blogging community is truly lovely, as you said.

    On a side note, I've been realizing how amazing and cute everyone's banners here are - time to get a new one for me haha!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Angelina :) you definitely deserve a place on this list! Haha hope you liked the blurb/summary- you need to read the other blogs, they're all amazing. I really do like to read your blog as its a bit of everything and not just beauty or fashion, it's very exciting to read. I'm glad you feel more comfortable sharing personal experiences with your followers. I agree everyone's blogs are super cute here including yours, mine is just plain black and white.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  9. Thanks for this post Dalal! I needed some new content to read! :)

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm always looking for new blogs to read too.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  10. Aww really.. this is indeed full of love post!
    But thanks hun, I will be checking on every blog you've mentioned here cos I'm always looking for new blogs to read and for inspirations.. Except for angelina hihi, cos I've been her reader for a few months already :)
    Have a lovely day!
    Btw, I just followed you on Twitter and Bloglovin :)

    xoxo
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better to share the love than spread the hate ey! I am always looking for new blogs to read as well- sometimes you just get bored of the same old. Angelina Is such an amazing blogger isn't she.
      Dalal x
      Will be following back- thank you!

      Delete
  11. Thankyou so much for including me in this post - its so sweet I'm so flattered! You've picked some other amazing blogs too x

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I really do enjoy your blog and wanted others to show my readers new blogs to discover
      Dalal x

      Delete
  12. Great post, I'll definitely have to have a look at some of these blogs.

    Tash Xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you really should!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  13. Loving how you started with Edie and ended with Ambra 2 of my favorite Brits (; I really need to check out the rest of those bloggers xx T'erica
    Throughtheeyesofterica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, am I not one of your favourite Brits :((
      Dalal x

      Delete
  14. Thanks for sharing these blogs I love finding new people to follow! <3

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How nice to spread the love - people should do these more often! Beautifully written xx
    esmemadeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They really should, I love reading them.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  16. I like this post! I find new interesting blogs to follow. Thank you very much!
    life-with-marianne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So do I, glad this helped.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  17. I haven't heard of some of these blogs but I'm definitely going to check them out! I love your style of blogging/the way you write so I feel like the people you enjoy reading must also have some pretty good blogs too!x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to have a look at their blogs! Thank you so much, I sometime feel like my writing is too detailed though haha
      Dalal x

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points