Summer outfit inspiration

Sunday, 5 July 2015

As a result of the weather being absolutely heavenly, Ambra and I decided to put together a few outfits and use them for a look book (make sure you look at her outfits and judge my photography skills)! We initially took photos for three outfits but on one of our outfits the lighting went a little haywire so we've only got two outfits to show but don't worry, we'll have many more OOTDs coming up. We took all these photos in places that were only five minutes away from our house and I never realised how stunning they actually were and as well as that we met Essie Buttons friend Lucy from Bonjour Luce whilst she was walking Reggie; she's amazingly nice and we managed to have some small talk about blogging and the weather (as you do) as well as play with Reggie (who is really adorable).

First outfit has a more laidback, scruffy but still put together vibe. I felt like those cute skater girls, even though I can't even balance on a skateboard properly but you get the gist, I wore a white ribbed crop top from Topshop and I love how well fitted this is and how it is fully opaque so you can't see your bra as you normally would with other white tops. My most worn pair of jeans have got to be my "black" joni jeans from Topshop, they're very comfy and are incredibly versatile however they do fade after being washed a couple times. As a cover up I decided to throw on a light blue chambray shirt by, you guessed it, Topshop as it's so simple, lightweight and easy to style making it perfect for the summer. Last are a pair of shoes that I have worn to death, my Vans slip ons, these are very comfy and once again are so easy to wear with anything- both daytime and nightime. I feel like these are the type of item that get better with age, a bit like wine, they seem much more "you" when they've been broken in and have some ownage showing.

This outfit is more formal than the other one but you could dress it down by replacing the shirt with a loose cami. I'm wearing a flowy, off white shirt from H&M and I like how it's quite greek goddess like too, it makes me feel 10x elegant than I actually am. As for trousers, these are some patterened jeans which I got from Zara during the sale, I really like them and have received compliments on them already despite having worn them only once! They do help to implement some colour to my otherwise dull closet which I like whilst still being subtle, and these fit very well. Ankle boots are normally associated with the colder weather but I somehow managed to make them a bit more summer appropriate by pairing it with the following pieces, they're very comfy -once broken in- and are very effortless too, these are also from Zara.  Last is (my sisters!) watch which I've been wearing a lot more lately, it's a white Ice-Watch but it's not as chunky as the normal ones and has swarovski crystals around the clock face which makes a little more sophisticated than the traditional ones, this has been my go to watch lately as it's so basic yet eye catching.
Here are some pictures of Reggie-
Ambra and I ended up having an amazing time and it was nice that we were able to develop our photography skills as well as hang out together, I really enjoyed doing this post which could mean I will be doing more fashion posts on my blog in the future!

What look do you prefer, 'smart' or 'casual'? What is your typical outfit in the summer?
If you enjoyed this post please share it with your friends!

54 comments :

  1. Love your style! I could spot from a mile off they were Joni jeans, I have a black pair too and I'll wear them out soon I wear them so much!

    Laura | www.laurahadley.co.uk ♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joni jeans are my must have jeans I am always wearing them!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. Love the two outfits! The shirt in the first outfit is amazing :) And I love the trousers in the second outfit, they really make a statement :) xx

    Lauren | shynature.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like the short it's so easy to wear! I don't really wear a lot of colour but these jeans really do help brighten my closet :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. I love these outfits especially the first one, I love how simple yet effective they both are. Great post Dalal xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, these outfits make me look much more put together although they're very simple!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. I love both your outfits! Oh my gosh, you are soo beautiful!Your first look does have that laidback but effortlessly cool vibe to it! But absolutely think the second one is my favourite! There's something about the bright all white outfit I think looks gorgeous on you <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, much appreciated. I agree, the first outfit is more casual, the second outfit is definielty more smart but I can still see myself wearing it a lot this summer :)
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  5. Love both of these outfits! I recently brought a similar shirt to the one in your first outfit xx

    Megan | megansw0rld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, trust me that shirt will become your new esential- I'm wearing mine right now aha
      Dalal x

      Delete
  6. These are the loveliest outfits, Dalal, I love your trousers! You're so lucky to have met Reggie and Lucy!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like the trousers although they're not what I usually go for I think their quite a nice summery piece! And I'm really glad I got to meet them too, Lucy was so nice and Reggie was adorable!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  7. You look so pretty in both of the looks !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely outfits! The patterned jeans are v interesting! They stand out, not surprised you've had compliments on them already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like how they're quite bright but aren't too over the top :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  9. Ahaa oh my god it took me ages to figure out how to comment. But I love both these outfits, especially the trousers in the second!x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! I really like the printed jeans too :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  10. Both outfits are lovely. I really like the white crop top from Topshop in the first outfit :) x

    http://littlemissmexo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I live how well the crop top fits!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  11. I have one of those flowy shirts and I absolutely love it. It defiantly has that Greek goddess vibe ahaha and its so perfect for summer cause its so flowy and airy. x

    Thanks for sending me your link over on the twitter chat x
    Caitriona | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the flowy shirt especially as it lets a lot of air in so you can stay cool in the summer :)
      Thank you for checking out my blog, I'll have a look at yours
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  12. Love your style so much! I've been wanting Topshop jeans forever, but I'm too short, and they don't have a length that would look good on me :/ Those boots in the second outfit are to die for! <3

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Fangirling* Topshop does have a petite range of jeans in case you're interested, as you can tell from the photos I'm quite tall so these jeans hit above the ankle for me. I'm also obsessed with the boots although my mum thinks I'm crazy for wearing them during the heatwave we're having in the UK..oh well!
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  13. My goodness I love your boots!! i've been looking for the perfect ankle boots for ages and I think I might have just found them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they're very comfy and are real leather which for £20 is an amazing bargain! If I were you, I'd head to the Zara website asap and snap them up as they're such a staple piece.
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  14. I really love your style, Dalal! Those Vans Slip-Ons are just lovely and I adore those patterned trousers! Great post with fab photography, too!

    Nia
    Nia Elinor Mair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nia, my Vans slip ons are probably my most worn shoes as they're super comfy and go with everything. I've been obsessed with patterns lately so these trousers fit my fashion cravings haha. Ambra (fridaysarefab.blogspot.com) took these photos for me so she is the one to thank :)
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  15. I absolutely love this post Dalal! It's so well written and the photos are stunning! I especially love both pairs of shoes and the Zara jeans! So different but they look super good on you! I really want some TopShop Joni jeans, definitely something I'm going to have to look into!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! I can already tell I'll be wearing the majority of the items in this post a lot this summer. You should definitely invest in a pair of Joni jeans, they are an essential in my wardrobe and I wear them with everything.
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  16. Second outfit is amazing! And I love your legs *o*

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like the second outfit too. Of course I'll visit your blog :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  17. I love your first outfit! Them legs girl! <3

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful post!
    Lidia

    www.lidiasbag.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great outfit and they look awesome !!
    I would be delighted if we could follow each other. Let me know !!!
    anastasiabeauty.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my bloglovin should be linked somewhere on my blog :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  20. I love both of your outfits! The trousers from the second one look really cute ^-^

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm obsessed with the trousers as well :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  21. I love these outfits Dala especially the trousers xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have such a lovely style! I loved this post Dalal! My typical summer outfit would be a white top and a skirt or a summer dress! x

    www.theperks0fbeingemily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Emily! I love simple outfits

      Dalal x

      Delete
  23. Lovely outfits!!x

    http://catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Replies
    1. Thank you, credits to Ambra from fridaysarefab.blogspot.com for the photos :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  25. I really love both of these outfits! I think I have that chambray shirt and I love the jeans in the second outfit. Jealous you met Reggie haha! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've been wearing the chambray shirt so many times ever since I bought it- it was really worth the money! I haven't had a chance to wear the jeans yet but I'll definitely wear them lots during the summer and I couldn't believe it was Reggie!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  26. You have such a great style! I love the shirt in the second outfit, it goes really well with the jeans! x
    Eden x / edenroses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love how airy and summery the shirt is- it's perfect for this season :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  27. Love your blog, style, writing style and everything! Very clean and fresh :D It's great finding other teen bloggers too, way to go!
    Thanks for leaving your link on twitter :)
    lily x
    jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I find teen bloggers much easier to relate too!
      Dalal x

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points