Battle of the BB creams

Wednesday, 15 July 2015

I know, the title of this post makes it sound as if it's a Hunger Games for cosmetics, which it sort of is. As we're dealing with hotter, sunnier and sticker weather it's much harder to pile on the foundation as it'll probably be sliding around your face so BB creams are a much lighter option. Here I've complied three of my favourite BB creams and hopefully by the end you would have decided on what BB cream is best for you!
Rimmel BB cream radiance-Seeing as the more highlighted and glowy look is the makeup craze at the moment, this BB cream really appealed to me as it's said to not only brighten the skin but prime, smooth, conceal, moisturise and minimise the apperance of pores. This BB cream is full of shea butter to moisturise and vitamin C complex to brighten the skin so there aren't any harsh chemicals in there that could be drying out your skin. As the texture of this is amazing as it's super creamy, easy to blend and has quite high coverage for a BB cream! It claims to do 9 things in 1 which are to prime, smooth, conceal, minimise pores, provide a natural finish, moisturise, awaken dull skin, brighten and give a radiant, dewy finish to the skin. I don't really use primers so I can't exactly judge whether it'll be better with a primer or not however it does smooth and conceal your skin, giving it a soft and flawless finish which isn't too air brushed and fake. It didn't last for the longest time but I wouldn't expect that from a more dewier base however to prolong the staying power, lightly dust some translucent powder. Overall this is ranked second!
Maybelline dream fresh BB cream-
Maybelline have got to be my favourite drugstore makeup brand so when I picked up the Dream Fresh BB cream I had high expectations of it's 8-in-1 properties. It did live up to the majority of them which were to smooth, even out and conceal any discoloured areas on my skin as well as be a lightweight base however the formula isn't the best- it's far too runny and wet although that does help it blend into the skin really easily. The product itself is quite sheer so it is quite flexible, you could easily build it up for some more coverage around spots and any hyper pigmentation or use one application for a more quick but toned look. As it has an SPF of 30, it's the most sensible base to wear on a sunny day so you don't have to worry about applying a sun cream beneath it. I find that if I don't set this with a translucent powder, it's a little too dewy for my liking and almost makes you look like you've been sweating so as a result, I don't think this is the best option if you have oily skin. This is ranked third!
Garnier miracle skin perfector-
I usually see Garnier as a skincare brand so when my mum bought the BB cream, it was a bit of a surprise! Of course I went to the Internet for some reviews to see what others thought of it but there weren't many so I was left even more unsure on this product. I still decided to try it and as soon as I did all my doubts were magically erased(dramatic much?) The lightly whipped mousse consistency helps to make your skin look more naturally radiant, even and smooth as well as contains hyaluronic acid which is said to be a great moisturising agent. This products contains an SPF of 15 so not only does it beautify your skin, it protects it too. Although it doesn't coneal a dark circles it does a heck of a good job at blurring any blemishes and spots to give you more healthy and glowy looking skin. It blends like a dream, leaving no harsh streaks behind unlike the Maybelline BB cream making this my favourite BB cream of all three.


What is your favourite BB cream?

30 comments :

  1. Lovely post! Funnily enough, I actually really love the Maybelline BB cream but that just proves that these formulas work different with everyone! I definitely will have a look at the Garnier miracle skin perfector.

    Hannah xx
    littlevintagecloset.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's very true one product may work a dream for one person but not as well on someone else! I love the Garnier skin perfector :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. I have both the Maybelline & Garnier creams and I also find the Maybelline one works better for me, I have very dry sensitive skin though so maybe this is why!! :)

    Emma XO

    http://www.sewemma.co/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a huge fan of the Maybelline BB cream because I think it sticks to the dry patches on my face and find the Garnier one more hydrating.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. The Rimmel one sounds right up my street. This post was really helpful as I'm on the lookout for a BB Cream for summer! Great post, loving you blog at the moment!

    Aim | www.thetracesofmythoughts.blogspot.co.uk x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely give the Rimmel one a try, it's a lovely summer base
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. The Maybelline one definitely isn't for me as I get very oily skin in the summer! I haven't tried any of these though Dalal so I think I might have to get my hands on one of the other two! Great post chick, I love the title also x

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca :) I have dry skin and this BB cream still manages to make me look oily! You should definitely try them out, especially the Garnier one.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  5. Wonderful post, I'll have to give these BB creams a try because I am a total BB girl!

    NJCDesigns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they're so much better than thick foundations!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  6. I also have the Rimmel BB cream, which is great. But I still find it irritating and thick, yet it isn’t?! I think my skin is just abnormal hahah x

    Ambra // fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the Rimmel BB cream at the moment, it's such a shame you don't like it as much although there are many other BB creams to try :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  7. I've tried the Maybelline BB cream and found it slightly dark on my pale skin but my mum loves it as she has slightly darker skin than me xx

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is also a tad dark for me but it'll match my skin when I get a bit of a tan in the summer. I do still like the Maybelline BB cream but I prefer the Garnier one x
      Dalal :)

      Delete
  8. I'm definitely a BB Cream girl, so I enjoyed this post immensely! I've yet to branch out into other brands aside from the one that popped my BB Cream cherry (I'm sorry) but I've been eyeing the Garnier one; it sounds incredible, and anything that does the job while still maintaining a natural look is an automatic win! I gotta get it soon!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BB creams are my staple makeup piece especially for lazy girls like myself aha. You need to try the Garnier BB cream!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  9. Oooh thanks for this. I'm looking for a quality BB cream to take on my trip. Once with SPF is ideal. I'm slightly skeptical on products that claim they can do a million things, but I like the idea. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're going on holiday then you should definitely try the Rimmel one as it has SPF in it. I agree, sometimes the "9-in1" claim can be a little ambitious but at least you know some of the factors will actually work :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  10. Your new blog design is so pretty! I love this post, and the creative title.

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, I've always been more of a foundation person, but maybe I'll give one of these a try! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've never tried foundation before and I don't think I will at this age- I just don't need it at the moment and I prefer the lightness of BB creams.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  12. Thanks for writing this review, BB cream is basically the only makeup I wear. I have the Maybelline one, and I agree that's it's really wet. I haven't used many others, since I always feel guilty buying more when I haven't finished one, but I may have to pick up the Garnier one!

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BB cream and mascara is the most makeup I wear to be honest! The Maybelline was a little too runny for my liking, I know that exact same feeling aha. I think you should definitely try out the Garnier BB cream, I'm sure you'll like it :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  13. Thanks for such an in-depth review, it was so helpful! Maybelline is definitely my favorite drugstore brand as well, so I've used the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream before. I have normal skin so the consistency wasn't too bad, but I agree that it applies a bit sheer (and I don't like applying too many layers because then it starts to feel cakey). I want to check out the Garnier one now! And girl, you have such a lovely blog ~

    xx Chaereen | Inspinkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, glad it helped! I really like Maybelline but I'm just not a fan of the wet consistency of their BB cream although all their other products are amazing. I hate when products begin to feel cakey, especially BB creams as the main purpose of it is to be light, not thick! You should deffo look at the Garner one, it's a lovely base. Thank you again :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  14. This is such a helpful post Dalal, I've been looking for a new BB cream for this summer, because I need something light, but will still give a decent coverage. Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, BB creams are an essential- let me know which one you decide to pick up!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  15. I have the Rimmel BB cream and really don't like it! I had heard so may great things about it too but I just didn't like the way it made my skin look or the way it felt or the way it smelt. I've never tried the other two but I want to try the Garnier one. My sister has the L'oreal BB cream and she hated it but I loved it. I'm thinking next time I need/want a BB cream I'll either buy the garnier, loreal or the body shop one. Quite a selection there but I've heard such great things about all of them! Well, except the L'Oreal one but I personally liked it x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, I guess it depends on each persons skin then. I agree it does smell a little funny but I think the results are worth it, you need to try the Garnier one! The body shop one has pretty good reviews so you should definitely get that, I'd like to try the Instablur primer along with it too.
      Dalal x

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points