10 Things I Want To Do More Of

Wednesday, 8 July 2015

I'd just like to start the post by saying thank you for all the amazing feedback I got on my previous post- it's nice to know the hard work did pay off and I'll definitely be doing more fashion posts in the future. So this post is one I discovered a few months back and have been wanting to remake it ever since and as I am trying to involve more lifestyle posts on my blog I thought this would be the perfect chance to ease me into the #lbloggers community and help to rekindle my motivation to do things.

1. Smile more-
 As you may know I have quite a big smile and it's said to be one of my best features so there's nothing wrong in flaunting it and boosting mine and others moods whilst doing so! Remember a smile is a girls best cosmetic.

2. Try bigger breakfasts-
 Sometimes out of sheer laziness I tend to skip breakfast which is such a horrible choice but I've started getting back into it and even ditching the overly sweetened cereals for greek yogurt and fruits. I've got a post on two healthy breakfast ideas if you -like me- are trying to get into the breakfast habit. 

3. Drink more water-
 This is a very typical one for many people to say but as it's getting warmer, drinking water is crucial to keep your brain hydrated, plus there are many advantages of it. I'm the type to get bored of a certain taste so I've been looking up some detox water recipes up on Pinterest so I'll be trying a whole load of them out soon.

4. Become more organised-
 Once again the niggling note that hides in the back of everyone's mind. Although the academic year is coming to a close I still have a Spanish speaking exam in which I have to memorise five paragraphs so being able to handle my time and still be able to go out is a must.

5. Go outside more- 
Most of my time is spent indoors, due to my introverted self, but as the weather's warming up there's no excuse. I went out to take some photos with Ambra on Sunday and just explore which helped put my mind at ease. Even just going to a garden can help change scene.

6. Read more-
 When I was younger I was an extremely avid reader and would read a book a day or more however as I grew up I just stopped (the internet has taken over my life!), I read some books maybe twice a month which is still not good enough. The last book I read was Ketchup Clouds which was really good but I'd like to read Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov next.

7. Get active- 
Whether it's running or doing a fun dance class at the gym I'm signed into, life as a student can be so much more stressful than people think, so doing something I enjoy at least once a week can really help get you into the right mindset! Exercise releases endorphin's (the 'happy' chemical) so you'll be feeling more optimistic too. 

8. Travel more- 
I'm aware that I'm still a student -a very young one- but I love to travel, the feeling of being in the airport really gets you excited for the country you're going too. Some places I'd like to go are Venice, Rothenburg, Amsterdam and Stockholm! I'm aware that all these cities are in Europe but I think it'll be nice and relatively cheap to travel to these places.

9. Bake-
 I'm horrible when it comes to any form of cooking, in fact I nearly burnt the house down when I was frying chips because I was wearing too much perfume... Anyway, I'd love to start baking weekly or fortnightly because not only is it fun to do but you get something to eat at the end of it. I've started getting into Pinterest even more now (I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad things) and have so many recipes I'd like to try.

10. Get to know more bloggers- 
I've already made some great friends through the secret blogger project and have also started to join into more Twitter blog chats which I've been loving. I think making friends with those who also blog can be really fun as they understand you more and are able to sympathise when the lighting isn't on your side :)

What's something you would like to do more of and why?

44 comments :

  1. I LOVE this post Dalal! It's made me feel all inspired to be one of those super active, healthy healthy girls ( unfortunately I've tried to go down that road before, didn't work! ). I usually just have an orange or something for breakfast because I oversleep way too much, but I'd love to start making smoothies, omelettes, pancakes etc.

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've tried that option as well and tried going on a run at 8am but it didn't work and plus it was Sunday as I had an excuse. As much as I'd like to say that I eat healthy every morning, I don't but I do try my best to do so :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.
    I want to be healthier & more organised.... But i have netflix & pizza. :")
    Love this post so much Dalal.
    - Jenny h
    www.everweird.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and pizza and Netflix always get in the way of my plans and goals haha. You should definitely do this post as well, I'd love to read it :)
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  3. I love this style of post! It was really interesting, I think we had another ‘soul sista’ moment because I want to do everything on this list as well!!

    Ambra x fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes "soul sistas" forever ;) and you should definitely do this post too.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. I was going to be like 'same to number 1' but then I ended up thinking same at most things..but especially drinking more water! I go through phases where I drink so much water and Im just like 'hell yeah my body IS a temple' but then other times I just never drink water and just drink some other form of liquid. Although I do drink a lot of squash, but I don't know if that counts as water still or not aha x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always go through the that phase as well of drinking lots of water but then I get put off drinking it because I need to keep peeing (tmi) which is annoying haha. I don't mind squash, it's much nicer than plain water
      Dalal x

      Delete
  5. This is such a good post Dalal! And I totally agree with all of the things you said! I'm also trying out detox waters - Pinterest is the best invention for these things!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca, do you have any good detox water recipes?
      Dalal x

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful post, loved reading this and reminding myself not to waste time. One thing I always tell myself is to not worry over little things, seriously I can turn a little situation into the end of the world aha! :)

    ❥SleepyHeaven♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I sometimes tend to overthink things and become paranoid which ends up making a situation far more worse so I'm definitely agreeing with you on that point. You should do this post on your blog, it would be interesting to read :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  7. Nice post! very important details!
    kisses....


    Zapatos Rojos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ale, you should definitely do this post as well!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  8. These are all great things to try and do more of. Drinking more is a big one, I've been doing that and I feel the difference.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try and do the majority of these throughout the summer!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  9. Nice post dear!!
    Lidia

    www.lidiasbag.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely need to drink more water, my mum always says how little I have! x

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, water has so many benefits as well!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  11. Love this post :) Would love to start getting active, but never feel motivated enough!
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/when-in-rome.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to get that a lot, I usually look on Pinterest for fitness motivation and quotes and they do help!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  12. I think smiling more, even if you don't feel happy, is a good way to start. Faking it till' you make it actually helps surprisingly. I bet you have a beautiful smile, keep on smiling! Haha!

    I use to read a book once a day too when I was younger, but I stopped since school took over. Now, I'm trying to read at least one or three books a week! Slow but steady! Good luck, love! <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling does release endorphins which make you happy so that does make sense! I always used to read but now the only reason I read books is because I have an exam on it which is quite sad but I'll be reading lots during the summer holidays :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  13. Great post, love this idea! Thanks for sharing lovely :)

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely recreate rhis post, I'd love to see it
      Dalal x

      Delete
  14. Great list!

    I like your blog!

    Would you like to follow each other?

    Let me know at my page:)

    xxx

    http://curyinthecity.blogspot.fr/
    Fashion PARIS

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are exactly my thoughts! Haha, maybe we are the same person :P
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it could be possible x
      Dalal :)

      Delete
  16. Lovely post Dalal! I'm on board with you here on the drinking more water and reading more. Perhaps you could even make it into a little blog series or one off post, I know I plan on doing that soon!

    Nia xx
    Nia Elinor Mair | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nia, good luck! I might do a summer reads post in the summer ;)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  17. I'm with you on baking more. I used to bake all the time, but I've been so busy lately. There are so many amazing recipes out there. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun but sometimes I just don't have enough time but I'll start more during the summer :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  18. This post is great, I like how you've styled it all in a positive way! x

    http://lucycynthia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally agree with you, I'd like to do more of these things too! Especially for "Read more".. I used to read A LOT when I was younger, like two books per day. But now I don't have much time to read and I'm always too tired to read befor bed :/
    In fact I joined the 2015 Summer Challenge (http://behindkaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.it/2015/07/reading-challenge-2015.html), just to forcing myself to read more :)
    xoxo

    behindkaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can do the majority of this stuff before I turn 16 next year! I used to read so much when I was younger as well but now I find it so hard, thank you for the suggestion, I'll definitely check out the Summer reading challenge.
      Dalal x

      Delete
  20. Having just fruit for breakfast will spike your blood sugar levels and make you even hungrier eek! Have it with some porridge or something :) Love these though - so simple and uplifting!

    Michelle
    michellegleaves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll probably eat fruit with some toast :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  21. love this post so much Dalal!xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to read more and just go out on walks more and just take in nature if that makes sense. I love this post Dalal xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to read 5 books this summer, I do get what you mean haha!
      Dalal x

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points