Top three makeup brushes

Wednesday, 10 June 2015






You know what they say, good tools mean good makeup so here I'm sharing my most used and most loved makeup brushes. Of course these are by the famous Real Techniques as these brushes are great quality especially for the price and rumour has it that these brushes are even better than high end tools! All these brushes are the Real Techniques Nic's Picks brushes which I think are limited edition *sorry* I have a post on the full set of brushes here if you're interested in reading that

 First is the 'cheek brush' which I find is amazing at blending in concealer, BB creams and bronzers. I love how it is multipurpose so it's not only tailored for one area, it's extremely soft like every other brush and is the best for all round buffing. I think these types of brushes are an essential to every beginners makeup tool collection as like I said before you can use this for any part of your face!

Next is the 'base shadow brush' which I use to pack on my lid eye shadow as it picks up the right amount of pigment. It's also useful to blend out and kohl liner for a more soft, subtle and smoky look. Once again, a core eye brush, these are ideal for single colours which again is great if you're a beginner as you do tend to start of with just a whole lid colour so this will be able do the job for you. I've also tried blending out my crease shadow with this and even blending concealer into the more finer parts of my face like around my nose as well and it does a pretty good job.

Last is the 'angled liner brush' which I like to use for applying a brow gel as I find applying it straight from the wand is makes my eyebrows look much darker than they actually are. I also use this when I'm doing a cat eye, I start of by applying a black eye shadow with this to draw a initial shape and then go over it with my regular liquid liner- I feel doing this makes my eyeliner more long lasting. I don't think this is a must have HG brush for anyone who is just starting out but it's pretty useful if you do use a lot of liquid liners or brow products!

What are your favourite makeup brushes? Would you like a post on how I clean my brushes?

20 comments :

  1. THE PICTURES ARE GIVING ME LIFE - I've been meaning to try this set for ages, but it's just so expensive :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU- you need to try this set, these brushes are so good for every part of your face not only just the areas they tell you to use!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. I love the real techniques brushes, the contour brush and the buffing brush are my favourites. Your photos are stunning Dalal. Great post Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my favourite of the three has to be the cheek brush though, it's so versatile and I has had so much use!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. I really want these brushes! But I have plenty of Real Techniques ones anyway so it's probably a good thing it's limited edition! Lovely post Dalal x

    Becca x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha real techniques is the way to go in terms of budget makeup brushes and remember a girl can never have too much makeup or anything related to it 😂
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are really good brushes, I use them on a daily basis! Thank you Amy :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  5. I have the same
    panialeksandria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really good, I love them :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  6. Love these brushes :) New on my French blog: I straighten my hair and I eat Fraises Tagada
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I :) I'll have a look at your blog
      Dalal x

      Delete
  7. Hello,

    Amazing ! :D

    Sarah, http://sarahmodeee.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These brushes look great! My favourite are the real techniques brushes!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
  9. These brushes are also Real Techniques brushes and I love them so much!
    Dalal :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great post, we love your blog! We've nominated you for the Liebster award- check it out, fitfatfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've already done the Liebster award before but I appreciate the nomination
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  11. Thank you for sharing these, i love the color combination looks great !


    http://blushies.com/

    ReplyDelete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points