Simple eye makeup

Monday, 22 June 2015

There are two types of girls: those who love to wear vibrant eye makeup and those who stick to the neutrals- I think I'm a bit of both but for those who are a like to keep it more laidback with the eyes, I have a simple look you can try! I tend to use this when I'm being lazy (always) or even on a busy school morning as it doesn't require much effort at all and can be done in less than 5 minutes. It's a great way to bring more light to your eyes and to define them a bit more, I think eye makeup can make you look so much more polished and as this look is so versatile you could wear it with a bright lipstick or wear a nude or gloss for that 'my face but better' look

As you can see my beloved Iconic 2 palette made it but we'll only be using two shades from it, I've also included my favourite mascaras, my trusty felt tip liner and my new brow product!

I find that putting the shade on the far left all over my lid can help cancel out any discolouration to create a nice, clean base. I then add the shade that's not on the far left (?), which a shimmery champagne and use a small amount for the inner corner but don't over do it as it can get all beneath your eyes and you'll look like you have a disco ball on your face.

 Now that's the eyeshadow done it's time for liquid liner, in this case felt tip liner as I'm very clumsy, the one I use is the Collection extreme felt tip liner and I find it's much simpler to use than your average liquid liner, I've reviewed this so if you'd like to know more about this product then click here. I start of with making short lines and then flick it out very slightly, this ensures what I like to call a 'kitten flick' which is more toned down and less dramatic than your average cat flick.

Mascara, probably the product I use most out of all, I use the Diorshow iconic mascara which I've spoken about so much so I won't go on as I'll be writing a review soon. I like to use 2 coats of this on top and bottom lashes to open up my eyes more and then I use a fine tooth comb just to "brush" my lashes out so they're more separated and not clumped together.

To get those eyebrows looking on point (jk) I use this MUA brow mascara which I featured in my last post here . To be honest I'm not exactly in love with but I don't hate it either, I use this on an angled liner brush and less is more for this product as I have to use a tiny bit of it otherwise I'll have slug eyebrows. Once I'm done I then brush out with a spooly to soften the harshness and distribute the product evenly.

What does your 'simple eye look' consist of? Do you prefer bright eye makeup or more natural eye makeup?



20 comments :

  1. I love using The Maybelline colour tattoo in On and On Bronze for a simple eye look. Great post Dalal xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same colour tattoo and I do love using it too however I have been neglecting it lately!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. I just use some Maybelline Kohl and eyeliner and some volume express mascara! But I think I'd try this look too.... It seems interesting!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to do and if you suck at makeup like me (which you probably don't) then this is such a quick look. I'd like to try a kohl liner soon, I like the look they give :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's such an amazing dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, love it :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  4. The eye makeup looks so simple and easy yet seems like it took time to others when in fact it wouldn’t! Love the post Dalal

    Ambra xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what it is- simple and easy to do! I love how it looks too :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely and very simple eye makeup look Dalal, I love it! I usually go for similar colours when I'm doing a quick look, but I do like to tamper in the areas of colour when I fancy it!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird to see how much one shade of eyeshadow can transform your whole face haha I do like to do more heavier eyeshadow looks but I'm too shy to wear them out though
      Dalal x

      Delete
  6. Your pictures are amazing omg.. I'm definitely a neutral eye makeup kind of girl! I loved this post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i also like neutral eyeshadow but I sometimes like to add a right colour on my lower lash line :) and thanks Edie :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  7. I love the eyeshadow shades you picked!! Have you ever tried the Maybelline Brow Drama, it is similar the the MUA brow mascara but the shape of the wand means less product comes off leaving you with a natural eye brow look xx

    Megan | megansw0rld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I've seen the Brow Drama but ended up not getting as I was £2 short! I'd like to try it soon though as the MUA one applies a bit too much product thanks for the recommendation Megan :)
      Dalal x

      Delete
  8. I really need to pick up this palette now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good especially for the price it's at as well!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  9. You and I use different products but our simple eye makeup look is pretty much the same haha. I'm a fan of neutral shades for a daytime look.

    xx Izzy | Qthee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like neutral shades, they're so much easier to use :) What products do you use?
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  10. Love the colours from the palette you have gone for! These are most of my eye makeup staples too! :)


    Love Liv
    www.dungarees-and-donuts.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia! I usually get away with just some mascara and that's it.
      Dalal xx

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points