Products I'm currently testing

Friday, 19 June 2015

In case you couldn't tell by the lack of favourites posts on my blog I'm not the one to try new things and instead like to play safe and stick to my 'oldies but goodies' products but with the sun coming out more and the weather being much better than usual I've been feeling more spontaneous when I'm out shopping and have started to pick up some more things I wouldn't usually opt for.


 I don't usually buy anything from MUA mainly because nothing really appeals to me but whilst I was there a few days ago buying some shampoo this stood out to me, especially as I've been on the hunt for a budget friendly brow gel. This is the darkest shade there is but it is a little too dark when applied straight from the wand so I take this on an angled brush and use feathery motions to fill in tha brows. For only £2 this is one of those meh products but then again it's good for the price!



 Next is one of the Rimmel liquid lipsticks which I have been wanting to test out for a long time now so I picked this up in the shade Solstice which is a creamy mauve/nude shade so it's perfect for everyday wear. I tend to wear this when I have a bit more going on around my eyes in order to tone down my overall look. This lip lacquer applies really smoothly and glides on to your lips with lots of pigmentation. For £6.49 this is an extremely useful product to have in your makeup collection!




 With summer comes bright colours so when my cousin kindly gifted me this duo eyeliner in a light shimmery blue and a slightly darker blue colour I was extremely excited to try them out! I find that these give a pop of colour and I usually like wearing the darker colour on the outer water line and the lighter colour on the rest of my water line and smudge it out a bit and it looks really bright. I'd love to buy an orange or coral lipstick and wear this eye look along with that lipstick! I'm not sure of the brand of this eyeliner however there are many coloured liners out there to try. I've actually got a makeup tutorial coming up featuring this eyeliner so keep your eyes peeled...see what I did there!


Last is a mascara I've spoken about so much lately and I'm so glad my cousin gave this to me as it is an amazing mascara. It does everything you would want your mascara to do- volumise, lengthen and curl as well as stay put throughout the day. I've only started using this a recently but I already love it so much and I think it's well worth every penny, it costs £22.50 which is a reasonable price for such a great mascara and I use it everyday!

What products are you currently testing?

20 comments :

  1. I LOVE the look for the apocalips *heart eye emoji* ahah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Dalal! You should do posts like this more often - not great for your bank account, I know! But it makes a really good post :)

    Bx

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think I'll do them every month from now on so keep your eyes peeled haha
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  3. The Rimmel liquid lipsticks looks quite stunning. The color is very vibrant. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect everyday lip colour for me :)

      Delete
  4. I loved the oost! xx The light blue shimmery eyeliner tho... Its so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like the eyeliner it's got such pretty colours in it
      Dalal x

      Delete
  5. I love the blue eyeliner, it's so pretty and goes perfectly with the Rimmel Liquid Lipstick! xx

    Emilys Beauty Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a unique eyeliner, I usually wear the blue eyeliner with the liquid lipstick and they go together so well :)

      Delete
  6. I loved this post, I love the eyeliners, they are really pretty omg xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the eyeliners are much prettier when they're worn :)

      Delete
  7. The MUA eyebrow tint thingy looks just like the Rimmel Brow this way! I am in LOVE with the blue eyeliner especially for your water line to add a hint of summer on your eyes! I can’t wait for your makeup tutorial x

    Ambra // fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really into the brow mascara that much, too much product comes off so I think I'll try the Maybelline Gimme Brow instead! I love the blue eyeliner too, it really does help brighten your makeup look
      Dalal :) xx

      Delete
  8. I tried a Rimmel apocalips and I really didn't like it, I found it didn't stay on and didn't apply very smoothly. Maybe it was just the colour? I love how you're doing your photos now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strange because the apocalips goes on like a lip balm for me but I agree it does fade after an hour! And thank you, that's such a nice compliment coming from the queen photographer
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  9. Currently on the search for another brow gel too! Will have to try this one out! :) x

    http://the-twins-wardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll be best if you try the Maybelline Gimme Brow because I'm not really a fan of the MUA one :)
      Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

      Delete
  10. Will you follow eachother? If yes , please follow me on GFC and leave a comment. I will come back and follow you. Loves.

    http://beautybeybi.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I checked out your blog and it's all written in Turkish so I wont follow as I don't understand your posts
      Dalal :)

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points