Collective Haul | Lush, Zara, Brandy and more!

Friday, 29 May 2015

Of course every girl has to go on a bit of retail therapy every now and then and as a half term break I decided to go out shopping with Ambra to Kings Road on Tuesday, her haul is up on her blog FridaysAreFab so go and have a look. Some of the stuff was bought on other days  but the rest was from my Tuesday shopping fix.
So of course we headed to Lush because I needed to stock up but this time I decided to steer away from my usual buys and tried the Mask of Magnaminty -Ambra bought it too- The woman was really nice and told us what mask is best for our skin type and as I have combination skin she recommended this as it prevents any spots when I get a bit oily but it's still gentle enough to moisturise my dry patches too. I got the 125g pot for £5.50 but she said you get lots of uses out of it because only a thin layer is needed so I look forward to using that soon!

You can't go to Lush without coming out with a bath bomb of some sort so I decided to get the Space Girl bath bomb for my sister, it seems really fun and she said it has poppng candy which should make the bath a bit more interesting. Apparently it turns the bath deep purple which is my sisters favourite colour so lets hope she likes it, also it smells amazing- just like mixed berries!



Zara, oh how I love Zara. I went in here first and Ambra and I tried a whole lot of clothes which we ended up not getting due to our tight budget :( However I did drag Ambra in there around 5 times mainly because I really liked this a-line 70's style denim skirt but just didn't know whether I should buy it or not but just as we were about to go home I quickly returned to Zara and bought this skirt -finally!- but I'm still not too sure on it so I might return it soon and get a different style of skirt, make sure to tell me your thoughts about the skirt! This was £29.99 which isn't too dear but isn't really cheap however the denim is very sturdy and structured so it'll last long.


We had to go into Brandy Melville and as soon as we went it we were overwhelmed by the wide selection of graphic tees there were! First we tried on the alien tee which I really liked, Ambra ended up buying it but instead I got this plain black and white stripy top although I also think I'll be exchanging for the alien tee because this top is easy to find in other stores. The material is extremely soft and comfy as well as being flowy so it'll look really nice with the denim skirt from Zara, I got this for £14 which is quite good as I expected the prices to be much higher than that.


 Next is an eyeshadow palette I've been lusting over for the past month or so, it's the Makeup Revolution Iconic 2. I've been wanting to try this out as I've been hearing so many good things about the Iconic palettes and how they are of superior quality and are close dupes to the Naked palettes so I caved in and picked this up for only £4! I've been experimenting with these and have created around 4 looks so far so it's extremely versatile. I'd really like to try doing an eye shadow tutorial using this on my blog so tell me if you'd like that or not. I literally could go on forever about how darn good these are but I'll save my songs of praise for a full review on my blog soon.



Whilst I was at Covent Garden, my cousin and I noticed that there was a Simple Skincare event going on so we had to check it out! Turns out that all you had to do was post a picture on instagram tagging them and using the hashtag KindIsSimple to get a full sized micellar cleansing water and a pack of micellar cleansing wipes. Simple's products are always packed with multivitamins and no harsh chemicals which is great news for all skin types- especially sensetive skin. This is £4.49 but in Superdrug there's an offer where you can buy one item and get the other one free so that's an opportunity to try the wipes and cleansing water!
Lastly is my denim jacket which I did include in my wishlist here from Mango. I managed to get it on sale for only £15 which is a really good bargain. I've already worn it out and it goes with so many things but I love pairing it with a basic tank top and black jeans with sneakers of some sort for a more laid back but still put together vibe. It's not a very dark wash (I hate dark wash denim) but it's not too light so it's the perfect middle which I find very flattering.

Here are some photos I took whilst we were shopping-
Denim jacket- Mango \\  Top- Abercrombe and Fitch // Jeans- Topshop \\ Shoes- Vans //
You could probably tell how hard it was for us to pick one item- we wanted to buy the whole shop!
I love how cute the shop looks both inside and out
Lush masks, the mango one smelt delicious
We found also wondered around the back street where we saw lots of adorable, colourful houses

That was my haul, I know it's not huge like other peoples hauls but to be honest I don't really need any more clothes, maybe a few more makeup bits and bobs but that's all!

What's your favourite item from this haul? What are you planning to pick up on your next shopping trip?


28 comments :

  1. I am totally and utterly in love with that skirt, I think you should defo keep it!! I think I might buy the one from topshop as it is more fitting and less 'awkward' but the skirt is defo out of my comfart zone and I hardly wear skirts ever x

    Ambra xo // fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I'm not too keen on it and I'm also not the one to wear many skirts so I think I'll return it and get a pair of Chelsea boots instead as they'll get a lot more wear than this!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  2. You got some amazing bits! Space girl is amazing!!!
    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see what Space Girl looks like in the water but judging from the Lush workers description it seems very bright and exciting
      Dalal x

      Delete
  3. OMG Dalal! I love you outfit! Its soo prettyy! And a great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nidhi, I accidentally woke up a bit later than expected so I had to thrown on whatever in a massive rush but I'm glad you like it haha
      Dalal

      Delete
  4. Im loving this post Dalal, I love the skirt and also the denim jacket. I love reading posts like this, and I really need go shopping Haha Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The denim jacket has been my go to recently, I'm still not too keen on the denim skirt though. You definitely need a quick shopping fix after all the exam stress you've had!
      dalal xo

      Delete
  5. All the things you bought are so lovely Dalal!! Sounds like you and Ambra had a lovely day out!! You should defo keep the skirt, it's so cute!

    Becca x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca, we really did have a nice day and the weather was on our side but we were stuck in traffic on the way home which sucked!
      Dalal x :)

      Delete
  6. I love Make-Up Revolution eyeshadow palettes. I loved this post, please do more if you go on any shopping trips again! xx

    Emilys Beauty Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good for the price, and ah thank you I definitely will. Glad to know you enjoyed it
      Dalal x :)

      Delete
  7. The skirt is amazing! You definitely have to keep it!
    I loved this shopping post :)
    xoxo

    behindkaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll put together some outfits with it and I'll keep it depending on if it does well with lots of things or not :) Great to know you enjoyed this post Bendetta
      Dalal xo

      Delete
  8. The brandy melville shop looks so cute! I really want to try some lush products :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty; I love how it looks really rustic and grunge! You should definitely try some Lush products soon they're worth it
      Dalal xo

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dalal, I love this post! I think you should keep the denim skirt because I think its gorgeous, but I guess go with what you feel haha. It looks like such a nice sunny day as well, which I love when shopping because I think it makes it feel so much nicer.

    If you wanted to check out my blog sometime it would mean a lot,
    Ella xxx
    thepinkpineapple.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ella, thank you :) I think I'll return the skirt for now and I get a pair of ankle boots which I'll wear so much more and maybe go back for the skirt of I regret it. I also think the sun makes everything much better!
      I'll have a look at your blog right now :)
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  11. I bought a really similar skirt the other day (I posted about it too, how funny?!) I'm loving 70's clothes right now ;) All this looks amazing, I need a new face mask and might try one of Lush's, I love their bath bombs so much! Lovely post x
    esmemadeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Esme, I've also been loving the 70s trend lately, I'll make sure I have a look at your post soon. You should definitely try the lush face masks, they have such great ingredients and aren't to expensive!
      Dalal xx

      Delete
  12. Loved your post, can't wait until I go shopping next! By the way, do you happen to know if they sell the Mask of Magnaminty from Lush in any other size other than that one (I'm looking for something smaller!) Lovely post x
    http://www.marieandhazel.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie, happy this gave you a little shopping inspo! I'm afraid that this is the smallest size they sell but they do have a bigger size for around £10!
      Dalal x

      Delete
  13. This post is AMAZING GURL!!! Seriously so many incredible things!
    First,I have that mask!! I have the 315g one I think,and I've used it a few times,it really doesn't take much and it is incredibleee,really really relaxing and soothing on your skin!

    That skirt is GORGEOUS!! Personally I love it,but if it's not your taste,you should definitely take it back,don't feel like you have to keep anything that you don't like that much!

    And the same with that top from Brandy Melville(love that store so much!) it's really pretty but it was true what you said x

    Have an amazing day and keep being awesome!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lois, I love the mask I've already used it around two times now and it does leave your face feeling really smooth and plump! As much as I like the skirt I think I'll return because I won't wear it as much as I'd like to, it's a bit out of my comfort zone. I really like Brandy Melville and they're so inexpensive!
      Dalal xo

      Delete
    2. Not a problem gurl! Yeah I've only used it a few times but it definitely feels awesome afterwards! x

      Yeah that makes sense gal! You should only wear what you're comfortable with,that's the most important thing when it comes to fashion,besides it's better to spend your money on something you actually love and know you'll use a lot! xx

      Andd yuuussss Brandy Melville is INSANELY COOL xoxox

      Have a great day!!! xx

      Delete
  14. You've picked up some lovely bits! I really want to try out the lush face mask been on my list for awhile x
    han // em&han xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you have to try the lush face mask soon! Ambra also bought it whilst I was with her and she loves it!
      Dalal x

      Delete

stop procrastinating and just comment already
jk
funny comments get extra points